40

Kara's pov:

I went to the DEO because Winn called me and said that something happened to Siobhan.

Siobhan woke up and scream as Dr. Hamilton stuck the needle on her arm. Me and Winn are waiting outside the medbay.

"What is she?" Winn asked looking at me.

"She's definitely not a Fort Rozz escapee. Trust me. We checked." I said then glanced at home then back at Siobhan.

"And you're sure you don't recognize her from Krypton?" He asked.

"No. But it was a big place. We didn't all know eachother." I said.

"She fell 4 stories, Kara. There's not a scratch on her. The only person i know capable of that is you." He said.

"Well maybe she should be National City's new hero." I said walking away with him following me.

"I saw that winning people back wasn't going so well." He said fixing his tie.

"I have tried everything i can think of. I helped a family assemble their IKEA table. It's still not enough. One mistake. That's all it took to just erase all the good i did before." I said looking down.

"You were poisoned. It's not your fault." He said.

"People don't know that. All they know is that this symbol doesn't mean what it used to anymore." I said and looked up at him.

"Dr. Hamilton, how is Siobhan? How did she survive her belly flop on the sidewalk?" Winn asked as Dr. Hamilton walked up to us.

"She emitted a high frequency sound wave so powerful, it literally cushioned her fall and pulverized the cement." She explained.

"You're saying the girl that i have been... You know, is an alien?" Winn stammered.

"Nope. DNA analysis confirms she's human." She said.

"So how does she have this power?" I asked.

"Do you believe in miracles?" Siobhan then walked up to us.

"So none of you know what's wrong with me?" She asked and we stayed quiet. "Thanks for nothing." She walked away and Winn followed her.

I got back to CatCo then remembered Y/n was there. As i was in the elevator i held back a smile.

The elevator door opened. I walked to my desk, and as i walked past Y/n's office, i had a small smile on my face.

An hour later. Cat asked me to go get the cupcakes at the bakery. I got back to CatCo with the cupcakes.

Cat was there waiting outside her office. "Here you go Ms. Grant." I said giving her the box of cupcakes.

She places the cupcakes on her desk and opened them. I took one look of the cupcakes and my mouth started to water.

"Aren't they exquisite?" Ms. Grant asked.

I nodded and said "Yes, they look very yummy." Ms. Grant then looked at me.

"I can see it in your eyes, Ker-ah, that you want one. But you're too scared. So instead, you gaze longingly from a safe distance, wishing that you had one all of your own." She said. Was it obvious?

"Well, let me tell you, cupcakes like these, they don't last. They get snatched up and devoured. And if you don't act fast, so will she." She sat on her chair. I don't think she's talking about cupcakes anymore.

"Ms. Grant.." I said laughing a little.

"Ker-ah, of you haven't caught in by now, I'm trying to make a parallel between this box of cupcakes and your non-existent love life." She said. Should i tell her?

"I'll not that comfortable talking about this with you." I said then walked back to my office.

I then see Siobhan push Winn to a wall and was walking to Ms. Grant's office. I stood up from my seat. "Ker-ah call security. I haven't seen eyes that crazy since i had fondue with Romona Singer." Ms. Grant said.

"Siobhan, I'm sorry, you can't be here." I said making her turn to me.

"You ruined my life, Kara Danvers." She said.

Y/n's pov:

I was heading to my mother's office when i see Siobhan infront of Kara. Siobhan screamed that released a powerful sound wave causing people to cover their ears and Kara was pushed to a window causing for her to fall.

"Kara!" Both me and James yelled.