ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ- sᴍᴏᴋᴇ

TWENTY-NINE

THE FOUR made their way through the castle, trying to find the other three. "Wait." They all stopped at Cordelia's word.

"Where is Flynt, Edmund?" She looked at him and he immediately remembered the boy. "Well things happened and we kind of parted ways." That earned a nasty glare from Peter.

"You were supposed to watch him!" Peter whisper yelled at him and Edmund just shrugged. "He's not my responsibility."

"We'll find the kid later, let's just get the others." Atlas diffused the situation and they all agreed.

They made it to the end of the hallway where another large door stood. Cordelia opened it, ignoring Peter and Atlas's protest to let them go first.

When they walked in, they were met with three throne's sitting atop a few steps. The room was dark with dust swirling around in the faint sunlight.

"I've never seen this place before." Atlas mumbled, looking at the fine details along the walls. In his time in Narnia, never once had he seen such a place.

"Wonderful, isn't it?" They immediately looked at the voice, staring at a figure lurking in the dark. "Alix." Cordelia spat his name like it was venom, squinting her eyes.

The three boys immediately pulled out their swords, getting ready for anything. "Hm... sure." They watched as he walked behind the pillars and up the steps.

"I can't believe you all still trusted me." The person laughed, shaking their head. They were all confused now.

"Come into the light." Atlas demanded. "Oh, anything for you, kind sir." The voice mocked, stepping forward. Their faces dropped when they saw Flynt.

"You are all so easy to fool! I mean, I could've been the most evil looking person ever and you'd still give me a chance!" Flynt exclaimed, pointing at his chest with three fingers.

"That's what considerate people do." Cordelia replied and he just shook his head, bringing a hand to his chin. "No, love, that's just being gullible." He snickered.

Cordelia felt strange about this. Like something wasn't right.

"Do you work for Alix?" Peter asked, his tone harsh and bitter. That only led to Flynt laughing manically. Cordelia quickly grabbed her bow, readying an arrow and shooting.

The boy quickly grabbed it mid-air, his laughter stopping. Cordelia only knew one person who could catch her arrows.

"Hello again." He smirked and suddenly the red hair he had faded away back into black. His sick disguise went away and there stood Alix, once again.

The boys were caught off guard but Cordelia wasn't phased. She knew she'd be leaving this battle with more trust issues than she ever originally had.

"I must say... it was very easy to take down some of your friends." He said, moving to another shadowed area. Cordelia felt her heart pounding, scared to know what he meant.

Before they knew it, Susan and Lucy were thrown onto the ground. Their mouths were tied with fabric. Their hands and legs were also tied, preventing them from moving.