ɴɪɴᴇ- ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ

NINE

THE FIVE of them arrived back to camp, putting away their horses before they ran to see what was happening. Peter absentmindedly grabbed Cordelia's hand as he saw the White Witch and her disgusting crew of creatures.

The Narnians shouted insults at Jadis but she kept her head up and though Cordelia hated her with her whole heart, she wished she had that confidence.

The creatures put down the throne Jadis was sitting in and she rose. Aslan kept a strong face, not daring to be weak in front of the witch.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan." The Witch spoke and she was obviously talking about Edmund. Everyone looked at him and he just looked down, too ashamed to look at them.

"His offense was not against you." Aslan replied. "Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?" Jadis asked which made Aslan growl at her. "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch." Aslan demanded. "I was there when it was written." The Lion continued in an angry tone.

Jadis narrowed her eyes at him. "Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me." Cordelia's heart ached for Edmund. He was only a child.

Peter looked really worried for his brother. "His blood is my property." Jadis continued and Cordelia didn't understand why she cared so much. She then heard Narnians draw their swords, including Peter.

He held it at the Witch. "Try and take him then." Peter held direct eye contact with Jadis, making it clear his brother wasn't going anywhere.

Jadis turned her head to look at him. "Do you really think that mere force will deny my right," Peter didn't have any words for that. "Little king?" Jadis finished which made Peter look down in embarrassment. Cordelia noticed, giving his hand three small squeezes while still staring at the Witch.

Jadis turned back to look at Aslan. "Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands," Jadis turned to look at the crowd behind her. "All of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water." She announced then pointed at Edmund.

"That boy will die on the Stone Table." Edmund looked down and Peter looked at him very worried. "As is tradition." Cordelia was so tempted to just shoot her in the head with an arrow.

Jadis looked back at Aslan. "You dare not refuse me." A few gasps from the crowd were heard. "Enough." Aslan stated. "I shall talk with you alone." Cordelia started worrying for Aslan though she knew he'd be okay.

The Lion started walking back into his tent and Jadis followed. They all stood there for quite some time until they realized that their talk was a lot longer than expected.

They sat on the ground, thinking about what could happen. Edmund played with grass and Lucy sat with her head resting on her hand.

Peter sat with his head down, playing with hands. Susan sat on her knees, also playing with the grass while Cordelia tried to start a small fire with her fingers.

Peter was the first to notice Jadis making her way out of the tent and everyone rose to their feet. Jadis kept eye contact with Edmund as she walked back to her throne.

Aslan looked at Edmund with his head tilted before back out at the rest of the crowd. "She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adam's blood." Peter turned towards his brother, grabbing and shaking his shoulder as everyone cheered and felt more at ease.

"How do I know your promise will be kept?" The Witch asked. Aslan roared and the Witch sat down immediately. The Narnians cheered and laughed. Lucy hugged Edmund while Peter hugged Susan.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴄʜᴇʀ- ᴘᴇᴛᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴠᴇɴsɪᴇ ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें