sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ- ᴄᴀsᴘɪᴀɴ

SIXTEEN

IT WAS now morning and Cordelia had been woken up by the sounds of swords clashing and grunts being heard. She shot up, seeing that Peter was gone.

Cordelia got up and grabbed her bow and arrow.

She ran towards the sounds and found Peter fighting against another boy with longish hair.

Peter had managed to get the other boys sword out of his hand but then got his stuck in a tree. The other boy kicked Peter to the ground and tried grabbing his sword from the tree. Peter had grabbed a rock, about to hit his head with it until Lucy shouted.

"No, stop!" Peter looked over to see Lucy with a worried expression and Cordelia holding an arrow at the other boy.

Peter, Lucy, and Cordelia noticed Narnians start to come out. Her eyes widened and she lowered her bow. She thought they all went extinct.

Peter looked at the sword in the other boys hand before realizing who it was. "Prince Caspian?" He asked and it suddenly made sense. "Yes? And who are you?" Caspian asked.

"Peter!" They heard Susan shout as her, Edmund, and Trumpkin came running to the scene. Caspian looked down at the sword he was holding, finally realizing who he was.

"High King Peter." Caspian whispered, looking at Peter again. "I believe you called." Peter answered.

"Well, yes, but... I thought you were older." Caspian admitted.

"Well if you like, we could come back in a few years." Peter trailed off, turning and pretending to leave. "No. No, that's all right. You're just... you're not exactly what I expected." His eyes trailed to the others, his gaze setting on Susan for a moment longer.

Cordelia smirked to herself, knowing he had found Susan pretty. "Neither are you." Edmund chimed in, looking at a Minotaur which softly growled at him.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." A badger spoke and suddenly, it did feel like Narnia just a bit more. Cordelia smiled.

A mouse ran out of the bushes, a tiny sword on his side. "We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege." He said, looking at Peter.

"Our hearts and swords are at your service." He did a little bow and Lucy leaned to Cordelia. "Oh, my gosh, he is so cute." She whispered to her but the mouse heard it.

He pulled out his tiny, toothpick sword, holding it up and waving it. "Who said that?" "Sorry." Lucy said, putting her hands in front of her.

"Oh. Uh... Your Majesty, with the greatest respect, I do believe 'courageous,' 'courteous,' or 'chivalrous,' might more befit a knight of Narnia." The mouse did a bow before holding up his sword.

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade." Peter told the mouse. "Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army, sire."

Cordelia mentally groaned. Another battle? It seemed as that was the only thing they ever did.

"Good. Because we're going to need every sword we can get." Peter stated, turning back towards Caspian. "Well, then you will probably be wanting yours back." He handed Peter his sword back and he put it away, maintaining eye contact with the prince.

Cordelia could already sense they would be arguing a lot more than that. Peter rolled his eyes as he began walking.

The others followed and within only a second, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Atlas. "Atlas!" She gasped, wrapping her arms around him.