ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ- ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

EIGHTEEN

WHEN THEY got back to the hideout, Peter had carefully gotten Cordelia off the centaur. "You need help." Peter told her over and over again but she kept shutting him up.

"I... am... fine." She took deep breaths, only for the sake of not wanting the others to worry. The girl could tell Peter was angry that the battle didn't go according to plan.

The girl didn't want to seem hurt though she obviously was. "She'd rather die than admit she's hurt." Edmund informed Caspian who just nodded angrily.

Cordelia started walking and the others followed. Suddenly, Peter was in an awful mood again as was Caspian.

They saw Lucy standing along with other Narnians. She had stayed back, knowing the battle would be way to much for her.

The girls eyes widened when she saw Cordelia's blood soaked dress. Lucy quickly made her to the girl, giving her a drop of the fire flower juice, making her wound heal instantly.

"Thank you, Lucy." Cordelia whispered before Lucy nodded and headed back to her spot.

"What happened?" Lucy asked politely as she noticed how angry her brother seemed.

"Ask him." Peter stated angrily, looking at Caspian. "Peter." Susan warned from behind them. "Me?" Caspian asked and Peter slowed down while looking at him.

"You could've called it off. There was time." Though Cordelia agreed with Caspian, it wasn't her argument. And she definitely didn't feel like arguing either.

The boys now stopped walking as they began arguing. "No, there wasn't, thanks to you. And you for that matter." Peter seethed as he looked at his girlfriend.

Her heart dropped to her stomach. "Low blow, Peter." She mumbled under her breath.

He looked back at Caspian. "If you kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive." Peter began walking away again only for Caspian to yell right back.

"If you'd stay here like I suggested, they definitely would be! And don't bring your girlfriend into this!" Cordelia felt like crying again though she felt she had no more tears.

"You called us, remember?" Peter snapped back, getting fed up with all this.

"My first mistake." Caspian spared a glance at Cordelia who seemed to have no emotion behind her tired eyes.

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people." Peter responded as he began walking away but Caspian had more to say.

"Hey!" He shouted, making Peter turn again. "I am not the one who abandoned Narnia." Cordelia had had it. From her argument with Peter, to the battle, now to this argument, she was done.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to lead it than Miraz does." Peter pointed an accusing finger at Caspian as he yelled.

Caspian pushed past him and began walking off. "You, him, your father... Narnia's better off without the lot of you."

Cordelia knew Peter could be mean but never this mean. It was like she was looking at a completely different person.

Caspian yelled and pulled out his sword, pointing it Peter. Peter did the same and Cordelia was tired of it all.

"Enough! We all made dumb decisions, it's over." Cordelia yelled at that them which made them lower their weapons.

They looked over at Edmund as he placed down Trumpkin who was passed out. Lucy ran forward, giving him the fire flower juice.