ᴛᴇɴ- ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴡᴀʀ

TEN
(for the sake of this book, cordleia will be leading the archers from the ground, not edmund)

JUST LIKE that, it was battle time. Cordelia, Peter, and Oreius stood in front of their army, waiting for Jadis and her creatures to show up.

Cordelia sat with her best posture on top of Lyra, trying to seem as confident as she could. She was terrified but she wasn't going to let fear stop her from saving her home and Edmund.

On top of the hill above them stood the other archers, the beavers, and Edmund. Susan and Lucy were still nowhere to be found which they all found weird but didn't worry about it too much.

Years ago, Skadi was in the same position her daughter was in right now. Except for the fact she was fighting someone different but Skadi knew how scary this was for Cordelia.

Atlas and Angelina weren't there. Angelina had invited him to her kingdom and he couldn't help but say yes. He made sure it was okay with Cordelia beforehand and she immediately said yes. She knew he was in love with her and wouldn't steal his happiness away.

Cordelia watched as a griffin landed besides her, giving Peter information on the witch. "They come, Your Highness." He told Peter since he was leading this battle.

"In numbers and weapons far greater than our own." Cordelia swallowed the lump in her throat, even more scared now. "Numbers do not win a battle." Oreius spoke up and Cordelia again tried her best to push away her fear.

"No. But I bet they help." Peter replied, looking back out at the clear battlefield. That's before they saw a giant army running towards them with hideous creatures that could give anyone nightmares.

Cordelia suddenly felt her body warm up and her veins glow a soft orange. Now wasn't the time for another one of her powers outburst. She tried to ignore it but when she saw Jadis in her cart being pulled by polar bears, the orange glowed brighter and she kept getting hotter.

She shook her head, watching as Jadis's army stopped on the far side of the battlefield. "You'll be okay, archer." The griffin whispered to her, sensing her fear. She looked at him and gave a small nod.

Peter turned around to look at Edmund and when the boy nodded to him, it was time.

Peter drew his sword, holding it up as a horn blew. The Narnians cheered from behind them, raising their weapons. Cordelia grabbed her bow, taking an arrow out and readying it in front of her.

That's when the war had begun. Jadis's army ran forward as the Narnians waited for Peters permission to charge. It felt like slow motion as she heard the roars and yells of the witches army.

Her heart beat faster and she glanced at her arms that weren't glowing orange anymore. They were glowing red. Her eyes could see the veins her chest also glowing red, wondering what was going to happen during this battle.

Peter lifted his sword and brought it down, signaling for the other griffins to fly over and drop the rocks. Cordelia and Peter watched them fly overhead. The griffin next to Cordelia also screeched and took off.

Just like that, some of Jadis's army was getting taken out. Cordelia let out a shaky breath as she watched some of the griffins get shot with the opposing sides arrows.