ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ- ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪᴠʏ ɢʀᴏᴡs

TWENTY-EIGHT

THE GROUP was riding through the woods, trying to figure out just where Cordelia could be. Peter and Atlas were growing impatient by the second, causing their minds to not be completely focused.

It was at least two in the morning by now and it was fair to say three of the siblings were exhausted. "Can we just rest for a minute, Peter?" Lucy asked and Peter turned his horse to look at her.

He was about to snap back but saw just how exhausted his siblings were. "I suppose. But only for a moment." Caspian silently thanked him before they all began to tie up their horses.

They had only gotten about an hour of sleep before Lucy awoke to a whisper. She opened her eyes, looking at the others around her, realizing they were all dead asleep.

She heard another noise but it was almost peaceful. But it was still eerie considering they were in the middle of the woods.

It was a low whisper, almost sounding like a whistle. Lucy sat up fully, looking for the culprit.

Her eyes widened when they landed on a small, red creature. It was floating and had no body or face. It looked like a spirit of some sort.

It made the noise again as more appeared behind it, creating a path. "Peter." Lucy whispered, shaking his arm. "Go back to sleep, Lu." He mumbled out, turning over to try and avoid her.

His eyes fluttered open for a second before going wide at the sight. He immediately sat up, pulling Lucy close to him. "I think they want us to follow them." She whispered to her brother.

Peter swallowed hard, not sure what to do. Lucy got out of her brothers grasp, going to wake up the others. They were all astonished by these spirit creatures, trying to figure out whether to follow them or not.

While they were busy, Lucy got closer to the spirit. But once she got three steps in front of it, it disappeared.

She gasped a bit, looking at the trail. "Lucy!" She quickly turned around, meeting Susan's face. "Come on." Lucy waved them down the trail as she walked forward.

Peter and Edmund quickly followed her while Caspian walked with Susan, Atlas just observed from the middle. The group watched as they disappeared every time they got near one.

It wasn't long before they made it in front of a wooden cabin covered in ivy. The boys got out their swords, pushing Susan and Lucy behind them.

Edmund went to one of the windows, trying to look in. Unfortunately, the window were cloudy, making it impossible to see anything.

Caspian looked at Peter and Atlas. The two boys nodded and Caspian went to the door. As soon as his hand reached the door knob, it was lose, signaling that it wasn't locked.

He opened the door, carefully looking in to see a normal cabin. A fire was going, leaving Caspian to assume that there was someone here.

He nodded at the others and they walked in after him. "Why do you think the spirits led us here?" Lucy wondered, looking at the small trinkets laid around the cabin.

"Don't know but hopefully for something good." Edmund replied, doing what Lucy was. "Well it must've been for a good reason." Atlas spoke, taking note of how the tea kettle was still warm.

Peter went to say something but was cut off when a slam on the door was heard. The boys immediately pulled their swords back out, holding them at the person.

They saw Flynt, panting at the door. "I thought I told you to stay put." Edmund practically scolded him. "Plans changed." Flynt replied.

Peter rolled his eyes, going to try and find any other clues to help them. Atlas did the same, going in the opposite direction.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴄʜᴇʀ- ᴘᴇᴛᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴠᴇɴsɪᴇ ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें