ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ- ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʜᴀs ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ

FIFTEEN

THEY FINALLY got to shore and got off the boat. Peter, Edmund, Susan, and Edmund pulled the boat further onto land while Lucy wandered further from them. Trumpkin dropped the anchor into the sand, making sure that the boat wouldn't go anywhere.

"Hello, there." They turned to see Lucy approaching a bear. With Cordelia's knowledge, she soon realized that the bear wouldn't be as friendly as normal Narnia bears were.

She quickly grabbed her bow and arrow which made the others question. "It's all right. We're friends." Lucy said, continuing to walk towards the bear.

The bear fell to all four paws, making unhappy sounds. "Lucy, stop walking." Cordelia warned, aiming at the bear just in case it started attacking. Lucy didn't listen.

"Don't move, Your Majesty." Trumpkin shouted, listening to the bear growl. Cordelia saw the bear start running after Lucy, going to shoot it but the arrow wouldn't budge. "Oh, now is not the time." She mumbled to herself, trying to get the arrow to move.

Lucy began running away which only made Cordelia tug on the arrow more. Susan ran over with her bow, getting ready to shoot the bear but didn't. Lucy then fell.

"Shoot, Susan! Shoot!" Edmund yelled but she still wouldn't. Lucy screamed as the bear stood on its hind legs and roared at her. It let out a pained roar and fell when an arrow was launched at it.

Susan and Cordelia turned around to see Trumpkin holding a small bow. Cordelia sighed in relief. "Why wouldn't be stop?" Susan asked. "I suspect he was hungry." Trumpkin answered as he walked towards the bear.

Peter and Edmund ran to Lucy. "Or maybe it's because Narnia isn't Narnia anymore." Cordelia said, following them. Peter grabbed Lucy's arm and lifted her up, pointing his sword at the dead bear.

Lucy held onto her brother as Trumpkin inspected the dead animal. "He was wild." Edmund spoke up as they all looked at the bear.

Cordelia placed a hand on Lucy's back as Peter had his arm around his little sister. She knew it had scared her beyond belief.

Trumpkin poked the bear with his bow. "I don't think he could talk at all." Peter pointed out. "New rule, don't trust any animal until further notice." Cordelia said and though she sounded sarcastic, she was being dead serious. Edmund nodded at her.

"Get treated like a dumb animal long enough, that's what you become." Trumpkin told them. "You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember." Cordelia's face fell again. Her home didn't feel like home anymore.

Trumpkin proceeded to stab the bear in the face with a small knife, making Lucy hide her face in Peters chest. Peter handed his sister to Cordelia and she walked them away from the gruesome scene.

The others began to follow and Peter took the lead. They walked deeper into the forest with Peter claiming he knew where he was going. Cordelia didn't believe him but she let him anyway.

"I don't remember this way." Susan stated. "That's the problem with girls. You can't carry a map in your heads." Cordelia gasped before slapping his shoulder and hard. "Ow!" He whined but Cordelia just glared at him.

"That's because our heads have something in them." Lucy said which made Cordelia nod. "Maybe you should listen to your sister sometime, Pete." Cordelia gave him a small shove and he rolled his eyes.

Peter and Cordelia were ahead of everyone with Cordelia giving him a scolding about sexism. "Okay, but what if I told you boys can't carry a map in their heads? Hm? Would that be sexist?"