ꜰɪᴠᴇ- ɪᴄᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇɴ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

FIVE

THE SIX of them hurried to the river, standing on the edge of the rocks, watching the ice break away and get carried away with the water. "We need to cross, now!" Peter shouted over the loud cracks being heard.

"Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy asked with urgency. "I'm not that fast, dear." Beaver replied. "Come on!" Peter grabbed Lucy's hand, dragging her to a run. Cordelia followed before Susan grabbed her hand and stopped her.

"Wait! Will you think about this for a minute?" She asked and Cordelia ripped her hand from hers. "We don't have a minute." Peter snapped back. "The ice is melting fast, Susan! Peters right!" Cordelia chimed in.

"I'm just trying to be realistic." Susan defended herself. "No, you're trying to be smart. As usual." Peter fired back before walking off again hand in hand with Lucy. Cordelia gave Susan one last look before following them.

They carefully worked their way down the cliff, trying not to fall to their death. Lucy stayed close to Peter as Cordelia led them down. They finally got to the bottom, the time in which they crossed the breaking river.

Peter looked at it worriedly before trying to walk on the ice. It broke under his foot which made him bring it back to solid ground. "Let Beaver go first." Cordelia suggested and Beaver went forward onto the ice. He tapped the ice with his tail, making sure it was stable enough for the others.

"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?" Mrs. Beaver piped up, exposing her husband. Cordelia laughed, earning a glare from Susan. She shut up. "Well, you never know which meal's gonna be your last." Beaver replied. "Especially with your cooking."

Peter and Lucy followed Beaver before Susan and Cordelia walked on. The ice was breaking more than ever now and Cordelia felt herself suck in a sharp breath, seeming to hold it figuring if she breathed it'd break more.

"If mum knew what we were doing." Susan spoke which earned a remark out of Peter. "Mums not here." Cordelia looked between the siblings, seeing her and Atlas in them. If only he were there.

"Oh no!" Lucy shouted, looking at the top of the frozen waterfall to see the wolves running. "Run!" Peter shouted and they did so but it didn't do anything but cause more problems than they already had.

A wolf slid in front of Mr. Beaver, causing all of them to stop running and Lucy to scream. Cordelia grabbed her bow and arrow, pulling back to get ready to release it, looking back to realize they were surrounded.

Beaver tried protecting them but got put into the mouth of a wolf. "No!" Mrs. Beaver shouted to her husband. "Peter!" Lucy shouted and he drew his sword. Cordelia kept an eye on the wolf, waiting for it's attack.

"Put that down, boy." The wolf spoke as he neared closer to them. "Peter, don't you dare listen to him." Cordelia seethed, pulling harder on the arrow. The wolf growled at her and she clenched her jaw.

"Someone could get hurt." The wolf continued its slow pace towards them. "Don't worry about me!" Mr. Beaver shouted and Cordelia pointed her arrow towards the wolf that held him.

"Run him through!" Beaver shouted again. "Leave now while you can and your brother leaves with you." The wolf continued, keeping direct eye contact with Peter.