ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ- ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴄʏ

THREE

CORDELIA FOCUSED in on what the beavers were saying. The siblings still couldn't believe that Aslan was a lion waiting for them.

"He's waiting for us?" Lucy asked. "You're blooming joking!" Beaver exclaimed. "They don't even know about the prophecy!" Beaver was getting sick of them not knowing anything about it. But who could blame them? They were just children from England.

"I want to know more about the prophecy though I'm not part of it." Cordelia tried to lighten up Beavers mood. Peters glanced at her from time to time, finding it interesting that she was so happy about them being there.

"Look." Beaver sighed and calmed down. "Aslan's return. Tumnus's arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!" Beaver exclaimed and Cordelia could feel herself getting excited again.

She had a smile on her face that she couldn't wipe off. "You're blaming us?" Susan asked, almost appalled that this was brought up. "Blaming?! This is the best thing to happen to Narnia in years!" Cordelia just wanted them to understand it was a good thing.

Susan looked at her then back at the beavers. "No! Not blaming, thanking you." Mrs. Beaver informed them. Then suddenly, to all the siblings, it made sense as to why Cordelia had thanked them when they got there.

The blonde smiled to herself, sipping her tea and subconsciously moving closer to Peter. She was just so happy that Narnia could finally be saved.

"There's a prophecy." Beaver finally moved back to that conversation. "When Adams flesh and Adams bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done." Beaver recited and Cordelia felt the excitement bubble up in her chest again.

"That doesn't really rhyme." Susan interjected. Cordelia sighed, running a hand over her face. "I know it don't. You're kind of missing the point!" Beaver said, now over trying to get it through to the Pevensies that they were the prophecy.

"It has long been foretold that two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve will defeat the White Witch and restore peace to Narnia." Mrs. Beaver helped her husband summarize.

Peter and Susan still couldn't believe it. "And you think we're the ones?" Peter asked and Cordelia had to bite her tongue from shouting anything. "You'd better be. Cause Aslan's already fitted out your army." Beaver yelled which even caught Cordelia off guard.

"Our army?" Lucy asked, worry in her voice. Susan looked at her brother from across Cordelia. "Mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war." She whispered and Cordelia suddenly felt she shouldn't have heard that.

"I think you've made a mistake." Peter started, looking back at the beavers. Cordelia's eyebrows pinned together. "We're not heroes." Peter continued. "We're from Finchley." Susan followed up her brother.

It went silent. "If I can help you guys, I will." But Susan had enough. She stood up. "Thank you for your hospitality but we really have to go." Cordelia sighed sadly, giving up on trying to convince them.

Peter noticed, giving her three small taps on her hand. Peter then stood up too. "You can't just leave!" Beaver tried again. "He's right." Cordelia snapped her head to Lucy. "We have to help Mr. Tumnus." She gave the girl a sad smile.

"It's out of our hands." Peter told her and Cordelia stood up. "Oh how I wish you'd understand." She said, looking into both Susan and Peters eyes. Peter gave her a sympathetic look before returning his focus to his siblings and the beavers.

"I'm sorry, but it's time the four of us were getting home. Ed?" Peter asked, turning around but Edmund was gone. Cordelia trailed her eyes over and didn't see him.