ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ- ɪs ɪᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴏᴠᴇʀ?

TWENTY-ONE

IT WASN'T long before they found themselves riding through town in a parade of people. The people who stood on the side waved goodbye to them.

Caspian was up front with Cordelia next to him, Susan and Peter were behind them with Edmund and Lucy in the back.

Cordelia couldn't stop smiling, waving goodbye to everybody. The girl had made her decision.

It wasn't an easy one to make but she knew she'd be happiest.

They made their way towards the castle where they would be spending the night at. Aslan agreed they all needed a well deserved rest.

When they got there, they put their horses away and went to go find their rooms. Caspian led them through, knowing they'd get lost easily.

"Here is yours." Caspian held his hand out and opened the door to Peter and Cordelia's room. "Thank you kind sir." Cordelia did a slight bow, making Caspian smile.

Cordelia walked in, Peter stayed behind to apologize to Caspian. The girl looked around, admiring the small details placed in the room.

Peter then walked in, catching her off guard when he placed his hands on her waist and picked her up. "Oh Peter, you almost gave me a heart attack." Cordelia laughed, turning to face him once he let go.

"Well, I didn't." He smiled back. Cordelia sighed and shook her head in a sarcastic manner. "And we're alone at last." Peter grabbed her chin to make her look at him.

"And?" She asked even though she knew the answer. Peter smirked before throwing her over his shoulder. "If you don't put me down!" She exclaimed, hitting his back.

It was only a second later that Peter had put her down on the bed. Cordelia laughed loudly as he tickled her sides, two smiles placed on both their faces.

"Enough!" She shouted and he had finally stopped. The two looked at each other before Peter dipped his head to kiss her.

Cordelia immediately kissed back, putting her hands behind his neck. Peter had one hand holding himself above her while the other was on her waist.

The girl had tugged on his hair just the slightest bit and he instantly pulled away, looking into her love crazed eyes.

"I love you." He breathed out before attaching his lips to her jawline. Cordelia gasped quietly. "I love you more."

It was safe to say they had a wonderful night.

-❦-

WHEN THE morning came, they both had woken up early. Cordelia's eyes fluttered open, staring at the sunlit room.

Her eyes trailed over to Peter who was sleeping peacefully and a small smile made its way onto her face, playing back memories of the night before.

She had missed this Peter. The Peter that wasn't High King but the Peter who was her boyfriend. The one who made her feel like a princess even though she wasn't.

This was her Peter.

The girl stood up, quickly pulling on her dress before going to freshen up in the bathroom.

Peter on the other hand had woken up to an empty bed, his eyebrows pinning together in confusion. He sat up, the blankets falling to his waist.

He rubbed his eyes, trying to adjust them to the brightly lit room before looking around. "Morning." His head snapped to see Cordelia walking back into the room.