ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ- ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴇɴɢʟᴀɴᴅ

TWELVE

CORDELIA HAD eventually found out the man's name was Digory Kurke and he was a professor. She had barely been in the human world for ten minutes and she already knew so much more.

She was in the professors study, sitting on a sofa across from him. The siblings were sitting outside the door, listening to their conversation, hoping Mrs. Macready, the housekeeper, wouldn't catch them.

"Well, do you have anywhere to stay?" The professor asked and Cordelia shook her head. "Hm... I see." He narrowed his eyes at her before they heard something hit the door.

"Way to go, you wanker!" They heard, what seemed to be Edmunds voice, yell at whoever fell into the door. The professor stood up, making his way over and opening the door.

The four siblings fell in and it was like wardrobe part two. Cordelia laughed a bit but not enough for anyone to hear. Peter shamelessly looked up at the professor before at Cordelia. "Sorry, sir. We were just curious." He apologized as they all stood up.

"May we write to our mum?" Susan asked politely. "I suppose. But no more eavesdropping." They quickly mumbled a reply before the professor got them paper and a quill with ink.

Cordelia gave Peter a smile when he looked at her to which he returned. Edmund slapped the back of his head as they tried to write the letter as group. "Wake up, dolly daydream." The younger boy snapped at his brother.

Peter immediately scolded him for it, turning back to focus on the letter. "Two can play that game, Peter." Edmund told his brother. "Both of you just stop!" Susan lightly yelled.

Cordelia smiled and it made her miss Atlas. She didn't get to say goodbye to him and wondered if she was ever going to see him again. But until then, she had the Pevensies.

"Okay, thank you." Susan handed the professor their note before giving Cordelia small waves as they left the room with Peter blowing her an air kiss. She smiled before the door shut and they were gone.

"Well, sorry for the interruption." The professor sat back down in front of her. "The siblings are here on demand of the war and will be sent back home after." Cordelia nodded in understanding, worrying about what was going to happen to her.

"Staying here with me is always a possibility." The girl nodded again but she didn't want to live there. From what she could tell, the place was huge and without the Pevensie siblings she'd have no one to talk who was her own age.

The professor was going on about something but Cordelia wasn't listening. Instead, she looked behind him, noticing some books on the shelf. She noticed the titles that had to do with astronomy and she pointed them out.

"Do you read those?" The professor stopped talking, looking at where she was pointing. "Read them a million times. Do you find interest in astronomy?" The girl nodded, standing up and walking over to the books.

She picked one up, viewing the cover to find out it was a book about constellations. "Do you mind if I read this?" "Oh not at all." She smiled before sitting back down.

The professor talked to her about a few more things before she was able to leave. She didn't see the siblings anywhere and only saw Peter round the corner.