ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ- sᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴄʟᴀsʜɪɴɢ

NINETEEN

IT HAD only been a couple minutes until Edmund grabbed her hand and pulled her back to the tomb. "What the?" "Miraz." Edmund simply stated and Cordelia knew.

"Pete. You'd better come quickly." Peter and Lucy stood up before Edmund led them to the spot that overlooked the trees and open field.

Cordelia stood next to Caspian, who was already up there, with Lucy next to her.

Cordelia's heart sank when she saw Miraz's army marching towards them with the giant catapults they had made. This is what they were for.

Susan, Cornelius, Trumpkin, and a few others joined them as they looked at the giant groups of soldiers. Soon enough, Miraz showed up, a strange metal face covering preventing anyone to actually see his face.

Cordelia only knew on thing. It was war again.

-❦-

THE GROUP went back down to a room to discuss the new plan. Yet again, Peter had another terrible idea.

"Cakes and kettledrums. That's your next big plan?" Trumpkin asked, unamused. "Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone!" Trumpkin exclaimed, pointing at Lucy.

"It's our only chance." Peter replied. "And she won't be alone." Susan told the dwarf as he walked up to her.

"Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin asked her. "Nikabrik was my friend too. But he lost hope." Trufflehunter chimed in.

"Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I." The badger explained and that's when Cordelia joined in. "I'll go with too." Peter immediately snapped his eyes to look at her.

"Three is better than two." She gave a small shrug, looking at the sisters with a slight smile. "No." Everyone then looked at Peter.

"I want you in my sight. As much as I don't want Lucy to go, she has to. You don't." "But Peter-." Cordelia protested but was cut off by him.

"My word is clear." The girl shut her mouth, shamelessly looking away from him.

Reepicheep pulled out his tiny sword. "For Alsan." The attention on the couple was now drawn to the mouse. "For Aslan!" A bear agreed.

Peter looked back at the others. "Then I'm going with you." Trumpkin told the small girl. "No. We need you here." Lucy placed a hand on his arm.

"We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back." Peter explained. "If I may..." Caspian started from his seat on the steps.

He stood up, looking at Peter. "Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer." He started walking towards the blonde. "But as king, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people."

"There is one in particular that may buy us some time." Peter looked at the others before meeting Cordelia's eyes. The girl knew at this point, she didn't get a say on Peters safety.

The girl walked out, done with the conversation and done with creating scenarios of bloodshed.

Peter tried going after her but Caspian stopped him. Peter immediately got out of his grasp. "She'll be fine." The blonde just looked at him, deciding to write a letter for Miraz.

Meanwhile, Cordelia was sitting on the lookout ledge, picking at the grass. "May I join you?" She looked up to see Susan and nodded.

The brunette sat down in front of her as Cordelia's eyes shifted back to the ground. It was silent again until Susan spoke up.