ᴇɪɢʜᴛ- ᴀʟʟ ꜰᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴀᴍᴇs

EIGHT

EARLY THE next morning, the girls woke up, helping each other get ready. Since her tent burned down and everything in it, she didn't have new clothing. Susan let her borrow some of her own which Cordelia thanked her for a million times.

She wore a white dress with a corset-like top that had three layers of frilly lace at the top with a bow in the middle. The sleeves were thin and breathable which was perfect for the weather. The bottom was loose and fell down to her mid-calves. She went barefoot since it was grass all around and there was no need for shoes.

Cordelia felt pretty. She let her long blonde hair fall down to her back before pulling two front pieces and tying them together in the back.

"You're very pretty, Lia." Lucy complimented and Cordelia smiled. "So are you, Lucy."

The three girls walked out of the tent with a smile, Cordelia's only growing wider when she saw Peter and his blonde hair. He didn't look too happy though.

The girls looked over and saw Edmund. Lucy gasped. "Edmund!" She yelled, trying to run towards him but Peter put his arm out and stopped her.

Aslan and Edmund looked over at them once they heard her. Peter looked back at his brother, not much emotion in his face to tell what he was feeling.

Cordelia put a hand on his shoulder and he looked at her. She squinted her eyes from the sun and gave a small smile. He gave one back, putting his hand on top of hers.

Edmund started heading towards them, his head down in shame. Cordelia moved her hand from Peters shoulder, figuring he'd want to hug his brother.

Cordelia did feel bad for the younger boy. It wasn't his fault that the White Witch spelled him.

She watched him with a soft look, not wanting him thinking she was mad at him. The younger Pevensie brother finally made it down the hill, his hands in his pockets.

He stood in front of the other four, his head still down as Aslan followed. "What's done is done." Aslan said, looking at the others. "There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past." With that, Aslan began walking away.

Edmund looked at Peter and looked down again. "Hello." He spoke up which earned smiles from Lucy and Susan. Lucy was the first to hug him and he hugged her back, making her heart swell. Susan placed a hand on Edmunds arm and he looked at his older sister before they hugged.

Peter just stared at them, his expression still not readable. Cordelia looked at the blonde before moving down to Edmund. "Are you alright?" Susan asked him. "I'm a little tired." He responded.

Cordelia gave him a side hug which caught Edmund off guard but he then relaxed. "We're glad you're okay, Ed." She said, giving him one last squeeze before pulling back.

Edmund then looked at Peter. "Get some sleep." Peter said, motioning his head towards their tent. Edmund began walking towards it before Peter spoke.

"And Edmund." Peter turned towards his brother and Edmund did the same. "Try not to wander off." Peter finally gave a small smile. Maybe not even a smile but he did look happier before his face fell again.

Cordelia sighed, walking in front of the boy. Susan and Lucy watched from afar, smiling at them. Susan grabbed Lucy's arm, pulling her away so they could have their moment.

"You're a good brother, Peter." She said, looking into his eyes that she could easily get lost in. "Don't let the witch fool you." She gave a quick smile, lifting her hand to move a piece of hair out of his eye.