ꜰᴏᴜʀ- ᴛɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴ sᴇᴀsᴏɴ

FOUR

EARLY THE next morning, they were set off to find Aslan. Peter and Lucy secretly kept an eye on Cordelia because of last night. She hadn't been complaining about being hot at all on their hike. In fact, she woke up claiming she was cold and put the coats back on. No one understood what was happening with her.

The four children looked over the valley, taking in its beauty. "Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table just across the river." Beaver informed them, pointing in the rivers direction. That worried them.

"The rivers been frozen solid for a hundred years." Mrs. Beaver pointed out once she noticed their worried glances. "It's so far." Peter stated, continuing to look at the frozen water.

"It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?" Mrs. Beaver asked politely. "Smaller." Susan answered before starting to continue their hike to the bottom. Peter stared at the view awhile longer until Cordelia tapped his shoulder. "You coming?" He looked at her before following.

-❦-

WITH THAT they were now walking in a single file line with a good distance between them. The beavers were in front with Susan behind them. Peter and Lucy were walking in the middle with Cordelia on Lucy's side.

"Do you think Peter is cute?" Lucy asked out of the blue, grabbing onto the blondes hand. Cordelia went red. Of course she thought Peter was cute. Anyone with common sense would. At least in her opinion.

"Why is that?" She asked the smaller girl. "Well, last night, after you went to bed, Peter sat by you and checked to see if your fever had gone down." Cordelia listened to every word Lucy said and wanted to melt into the ground.

"Did he really?" She asked in a high pitched tone. Lucy nodded and Cordelia looked in front at Peter. He was taking in the how large Narnia really was until he looked back at the girls. Cordelia smiled and waved before Lucy pulled her to a run so they could catch up to Peter.

Peter gave her a small smile before they heard Beaver yell. "Come on, humans! While we're still young." Susan stopped walking as the other three went to her side.

Cordelia sighed, tired of Beaver hurrying them. "If he tells us to hurry one more time." Peter started, bending down so Lucy could get on his back. "I'm going to turn him into a big, fluffy hat." Peter threatened which the girls smiled at. Even Peter smiled at it. "Let me join." Cordelia said sarcastically as they began walking yet again.

"Hurry up! Come on!" Beaver shouted and Cordelia had enough of the rushing. "We're going as fast as we can!" She shouted back. "He is getting a little bossy." Lucy added. "No! Behind you! It's her!" They quickly turned around and saw the White Witch in a carriage, rushing towards them.

Peter dropped Lucy to her feet before grabbing her hand as they started running. "She's just everywhere isn't she?!" Cordelia yelled as they ran. "Apparently so!" Peter answered her question.

Cordelia was in front of the siblings, looking back to make sure they were okay. They ran into the forest, hiding under a space in the ground. "Inside!" Beaver yelled, scrambling underneath.

Susan got under first with Cordelia sitting besides her. Lucy and Peter got in next with Peter holding his sister close to him. Mrs. Beaver got in last and they heard sleigh bells still jingling above them.

Cordelia squeezed her eyes shut as her heart raced. She couldn't die now. And what about her family? That's when the girl realized she had been away from home longer than she realized. And her poor mother had no idea where she was.