ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ- ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀsᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ

TWENTY-THREE

PETER AND Cordelia were sitting in a small cafe, making small talk as they ate their pastries. Peter was staring at all the small features of her face as she spoke.

He took notice of how her lips curved upwards as she spoke passionately about how to wanted to become an astronomer someday. The way her eyes sparkled with joy as she looked at him. Her cheeks were a tad rosy from the heat outside but slowly disappeared as the cool air from the cafe swirled around.

He was wonderstruck by her.

"Peter?" She snapped him out of his focus. "Hm? Yes?" He asked, sitting up in his chair instead of leaning on the small table.

"Where you listening?" She took a sip of her water, placing it back down before leaning both her arms in front of her.

"Every word." Peter smiled making a smirk appear on Cordelia's face. "Really?" She asked before starting to quiz him.

"How long is one light year?"

"6 trillion miles."

"How many moons does Mars have?"

"18."

"What galaxy is Earth in?"

"The Milky Way."

Cordelia hummed, trying to think of a trick question. She gasped a bit, hitting the table a bit before leaning back into her chair.

"My favorite planet, smart guy?"

Peter pretended to be in thought but he already knew.

"It wouldn't happen to be Venus, would it?" Cordelia's face dropped and a smirk grew on Peters face.

"So you do listen." Cordelia eventually smiled with a faint blush covering her cheeks. "Why of course I do." Peter replied, standing up and grabbing Cordelia's hand.

They threw their trash away before heading out. As they were walking, they heard music playing from somewhere.

Peter quickly spun Cordelia around before dipping her as they managed to keep walking. The girl let out a laugh, smiling up at her boyfriend.

Peter pecked her lips, bringing her back to her feet. She wrapped her arms around his torso, still smiling as Peter put his arm around her shoulder.

Peter was her person.

Growing up, Skadi had always told her that one day she'd find her person. The woman described to her that she would know when she found her person. And Peter just so happened to be it.

"I don't want you to leave again." Cordelia said, looking up at him. Peter sighed. "I wish summer would come quicker." He placed a kiss on her head before they continued their walk.

"Cookies!" They heard someone shouting, looking at where it was coming from.

Cordelia smiled when she saw Madison with multiple boxes of cookies. The girl let go of Peter, grabbing his hand before pulling them across the street.