sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ- ᴡᴀʀ. ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ ᴡᴀʀ.

SEVENTEEN

ANGRY TEARS flooded her eyes and she hurriedly wiped them away before Atlas found her. "I take it that you two don't argue much." She turned around to see him walking towards her in his black coat and red scarf.

Cordelia nodded, wiping a hot tear that had escaped. "I just don't like to see him pretend like his life is nothing." She told him, her voice cracking just slightly.

"I understand, dear sister. But it's his decision, not yours." Cordelia nodded in understanding. "But I love him." She said, giving a small smile at her brother. "Love makes us crazy." Atlas told her before patting her back and walking off.

Cordelia took in her brothers words before walking off to prepare herself for the battle.

-❦-

THE SEVEN of them were getting ready to be picked up by griffins to be transported to the castle. Cordelia was still angry at Peter and avoided him at any costs.

"May I go with Edmund?" The blonde asked, stepping forward. "But it would mess up the plan." Susan told her with a worried look. "No, maybe she should go." Peter snapped back.

Cordelia glared at him with storms in her eyes and he just gave her a bored look. "Is everything all right?" Lucy asked and Edmund nodded. "Great." Cordelia gave a forced smile before walking to the griffin that was to carry her.

Edmund hesitantly followed. Peter hated that they were arguing while about to go risk their lives. But it was to late to apologize now.

The griffins grabbed Edmund and Cordelia, pulling them off the ground. Cordelia held onto her bow and quiver, looking at land below her. Suddenly, the argument had disappeared from her head and she felt free.

The wind blew through her hair as she looked at the vast land below. "Drop me in the courtyard." "Your wish is my command, Great Archer." The griffin swooped down.

"And I mean drop me." Within a second, Cordelia was a few feet above the ground and the griffin dropped her. Cordelia put one hand on her bow and quiver before tucking in and rolling.

She landed with one knee on the ground and her foot steadily placed. She looked up before quickly hiding behind a large column, pulling the arrow into the bowstring.

She looked up and saw Edmund flashing his torch to signal that the others could go to the castle. She then saw the other griffins fly down and drop the others.

Cordelia saw a guard who was circling the area, quickly releasing her arrow and getting him in the chest. She pulled out another arrow, noticing the other Narnians starting to come out.

Cordelia carefully and quietly moved from her spot, going up the concrete stairs to get to the doctors study. The original plan was for her to go with Susan and Peter but their argument had changed it just slightly.

When she got up, she quickly found the door that Caspian had described to her. She heard a few gasps and turned to see Caspian, Peter, Susan, and Trumpkin.

She gave Susan a nod, not even sparing a glance at Peter. She walked to them, watching Caspian grab a pair of glasses from the desk.