ᴏɴᴇ- ꜰᴏʀᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ

ONE

THE DAY after the daughter of Eve was spotted in Narnia was weird to say the least. Tumnus didn't come into the village like he usually did and Cordelia wanted nothing more than to meet this Lucy Pevensie. She was also eager to meet the other three siblings and thank them.

Skadi didn't let Cordelia or Atlas leave the house because she was afraid the witch had found out her daughter knew about Lucy.

Cordelia sat in the living room, staring at the dead flowers hanging on the walls, in pots, and even scattered across the decorative tables. Narnia flowers weren't supposed to die. But thanks to the White Witch, everything died wherever she was.

Narnia was supposed to be sunny and warm, not cold and cloudy. Cordelia moved her eyes to the fire, angrily stabbing a needle into a piece of fabric. Another thanks to the White Witch, she had cut off their trading partner's which meant they had to do things completely by themselves.

The girl sighed, putting the needle into a small satin pillow and placing the blanket she was making down. She got up, going into her shared room. It was a small home with a kitchen, bathroom, living room, and two bedrooms. That meant she had to share with Atlas.

She looked in, seeing no signs of her brother. She sighed, going back out to look for her mom. She peaked in and saw the blonde woman making a plait in her hair.

Cordelia carefully started moving towards the front door until Skadi started talking. "Lia! Come here!" She huffed, walking into her room. "Yes, mom?" The woman turned around, holding the plait at the end so it didn't loosen. "How does it look?" Cordelia looked down at her mothers hair and almost laughed.

"Let me help." She went over to her mom, sitting on the edge of her bed. Skadi moved back so Cordelia could reach her head. The girl gently grabbed her blonde locks, starting to twist them to form a tamer plait.

The girl grabbed a small white ribbon, tying it off at the end. "Can I please go out?" Cordelia started, looking down at Skadi. The woman stood up, looking down at her daughter like she had gone insane. "Absolutely not." She answered, placing her hands on her hips.

"But mom, what if Lucy's there right now? I could meet her and ask her to bring her siblings." Cordelia tried to reason and Skadi just sighed. The woman sat next to her daughter. "Anyone who comes across a human in Narnia has to bring them to the witch. I'm not putting you in danger."

Cordelia huffed, leaving her moms room. Skadi followed, going into the kitchen. The girl stared at her mom as she started making food. She opened the front door which caught Skadi's attention. "Lia! Get back here right now!" The woman shouted but the girl was already sprinting down the road.

Skadi watched as her daughter grabbed onto her horses mane, throwing herself on and kicking it to a run. "Lia!" Skadi practically screamed, earning a few stares. She gave an awkward smile and stormed back inside.

Cordelia smiled as she galloped through the snowy fog. She glanced down at the white horse, Lyra. The girl had a big thing for naming things after anything to do with astronomy. So she named her horse after a constellation.

The girl soon made it to Tumnus's home, tying Lyra to a tree. The girl saw that there was candles flickering and it looked like the comforting home it usually was.