With every passing moment, Meerab's heart seemed to beat faster and louder in her chest. Fear and frustration intertwined within her, forming an overwhelming knot that threatened to consume her. She sat there, her gaze locked onto Zubair's calculating eyes, she couldn't shake the nagging thought of Murtasim. She longed for his presence, for the reassuring strength he always exuded. But at the same time, guilt crept into her heart. She recalled their recent heated argument, the harsh words they had exchanged. Had she pushed him away further with her attitude? Would he even come to rescue her?

The unfamiliar surroundings of the warehouse seemed to close in on her, the shadows dancing in sinister patterns. Every sound, every breath echoed in her ears, heightening her unease. She yearned for a glimpse of hope, a chance to escape this nightmare. Her thoughts flitted back to Murtasim, the way he looked at her when they were alone, the moments of silent understanding they had shared, his patient and comforting demeanor. She missed it all. She felt like an idiot to be arguing with Murtasim and just assuming things about him. She really hoped that he would see beyond their recent argument and come to her rescue.

Amid the fear and uncertainty, Meerab's resolve grew stronger. She knew that she couldn't allow Malik Zubair to use her as a pawn in his twisted game. She would fight back at all cost and wouldn't let him overpower her.

_______________________________

Murtasim hunted every possible location in his search for Meerab. He combed through the expansive fields, meticulously inspected the farmhouse, and even went so far as to visit Malik Mukhtar's residence. However, his relentless efforts only yielded disappointment. The sinking feeling of despair gripped him, intensifying with each hollow search.

Murtasim had taken the initiative to confront Malik Mukhtar about the dire situation, emphasizing the gravity of the matter. He warned him that he won't let this ordeal slide without consequences. But despite his efforts, Malik Mukhtar insisted he was unaware of his son's whereabouts.

Murtasim knew that Malik Mukhtar was a man of integrity, a far cry from his vile son. While he had his flaws, at least he didn't resort to evil and weak tactics. However, Malik Zubair showed no hesitation in using dishonest and playing out pathetic techniques to advance his goals. His actions demonstrated a complete lack of shame or moral restraint.

Frustration gnawed at Murtasim's insides, each passing minute intensifying his urgency to locate Meerab. He imagined her fear, her confusion, and the possibility that she might be holding him accountable for her dreadful situation but, despite all of that, his heart longed to embrace her, to shield her from harm's way. This incomprehensible yearning had taken hold of him, growing stronger with every tick of the clock. He couldn't pinpoint when his attachment to Meerab had deepened so profoundly, but one thing was clear: he needed her by his side, safe and sound. With closed eyes, he engaged in fervent prayers, begging Allah for Meerab's safety and seeking guidance in this dire situation. Amidst his pleas and hopes, an epiphany drawn on his like a beam of light illuminating the dark.

_______________________________

As exhaustion and sleep settled upon Meerab, she struggled against her restraints to no avail. Sinking into her surroundings, she watched with disdain as Malik Zubair approached, his repulsive gaze lingering over her. She felt utterly helpless, her only solace in prayers for Murtasim's timely arrival. As Zubair drew nearer, his touch brushing against her hair, a wave of revulsion washed over her.

"You're holding onto hope even in this dire situation," he remarked with a twisted smile, his fingers idly playing with a strand of her hair that he pushed behind her ear. Meerab's disgust deepened at his touch.

"You're nothing but a weak man, using me as a pawn to strike at Murtasim because you know you can't defeat him any other way," she retorted, her voice edged with assertiveness.

Zubair chuckled. "Murtasim seems to have found himself a feisty woman, hasn't he? The fire in your eyes when you look at me is quite fascinating I must say," he mused, his tone unsettling.

The passing time gnawed at her as he continued to speak. "It's been nearly an hour, and Murtasim still hasn't made his decision. Looks like he doesn't care much about you," he taunted, hoping to break her spirit. The thought that Murtasim might not rescue her pierced her heart.

Zubair's next words only added to her distress. "Good for me. I was secretly hoping he'd prioritize his land. Suddenly, you seem to be far more captivating than a piece of property," he jeered, cornering her further. In that moment, Meerab felt utterly powerless. She was trapped, not just physically but also emotionally, in the clutches of this horrifying situation. As she began to let go of her grip on the hope of being rescued by Murtasim, a sudden and thunderous crash of the door disrupted the tense atmosphere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I initially thought about writing more but for some reason, this seems like a perfect ending of the chapter so i just left it there🫣
Apologizes for any typos or errors.

And I want to thank you all for the feedback and support🤍