Part 53 - A Date to Remember

The sun was beginning to dip below the horizon, casting a warm golden glow across the city.

Khushi stood in front of her mirror, her reflection staring back at her in a beautiful red dress that flowed gracefully around her. She nervously adjusted her hair and took a deep breath, her heart fluttering with a mixture of excitement and apprehension.

"Is this too much?" Khushi mumbled to herself, tugging at the hem of her dress.

From the corner of the room, Payal observed her sister with a knowing smile. "Khushi, you look stunning. Arnavji won't be able to take his eyes off you."

Khushi blushed, shooting her sister a grateful yet nervous glance. "Jiji, what if I say something silly? Or spill something on myself?"

Payal chuckled, walking over to her. "Khushi, just be yourself. Arnavji loves you for who you are, and that's the person he wants to spend this evening with."

Taking a deep breath, Khushi nodded. "You're right, Jiji. I'm overthinking this."

"Exactly. Now, go out there and have a wonderful time. And remember, I'm just a phone call away if you need anything."

With newfound confidence, Khushi nodded and gave her sister a quick hug. "Thank you, Jiji."

As she made her way downstairs, Khushi's heart raced with anticipation. She could hear the sound of laughter and conversation emanating from the living room, where the Raizada family had gathered.

Arnav had arrived a little earlier to pick her up, and Khushi couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and nervousness as she stepped into the room.

All eyes turned to Khushi as she entered, and her cheeks flushed at the attention. Arnav's gaze, however, held a warmth and admiration that made her heart skip a beat.

He looked dashing in a suit, his presence commanding and yet comforting.

"Khushi, you look beautiful," Arnav complimented with a genuine smile, his eyes never leaving her.

Khushi's heart swelled at his words, and she smiled back, feeling a surge of confidence. "Thank you, Arnavji."

With a nod to the family, Arnav extended his arm toward Khushi. "Shall we?"

Khushi's fingers gently interlocked with his, and she nodded, her heart pounding in her chest.

Together, they stepped out into the evening, leaving behind the familiar surroundings of the Raizada house.

As they walked through the city streets, Khushi found herself engrossed in conversation with Arnav. They talked about their day, their dreams, and even shared a few lighthearted anecdotes from their past.

With each passing moment, Khushi felt a sense of comfort and connection with Arnav, as if they were rediscovering each other all over again.

Arnav led Khushi to a charming little cafe, its warm lights and cozy ambiance creating the perfect setting for their date.

They settled into a corner booth, and Khushi marveled at the intimacy of the moment. It was just the two of them, sharing laughter, stories, and stolen glances.

Arnav took a sip of his coffee when he caught khushi stealing glances at him. He smirked and put the coffee cup down leaning a little forward.

„Kya hua Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada?"

Khushi blushed and tried to look around and act as if she didn't just watch him. Arnav smiled and laid his hand over hers. Khushi looked at their hands and back at him.

„Khushi..i hope you're enjoying this date?"

Khushi smiled at him and laid her other hand over his. Arnav smiled watching her confidence. „I can't remember the last time i was this happy."

Arnav took her hand and leaned in to give it a kiss. But he stopped before hid lips could touch the back of her hand.

He looked up at her and caught her smiling at him. „May i?"

„Hakk hai aapka..mujhpe" Khushi said not moving her eyes from him.

Arnav kissed her hand closing his eyes. Khushi gelz somethin in that moment, looking at arnav.

He looked up at her and continurd to hold her hand. Khushi smiled at him and looked at their hands. „It's..strange. Somehow i just can't believe that..we're married but then being here with you..spending time with you..it just makes me feel things i never felt..but i always dreamt about a life like this in the future."

Arnav smiled at her and stroke her hand listening to every word she said. „It feels like a dream." whispered Khushi as she looked into his eyes.

„But it's not." said Arnav.

„Khushi my fault was that i didn't talk about my feelings openly, those feelings i had when i first saw you..at AR in that red saree. Something just happened to me..i just didn't want to accept it. I tried to run away from you, that's my fault."

„Kya? What do you mean? Did you love me?" asked Khushi shocked. Arnav just smiled at her and nod his head.

„Hai Devi Maiyya..ASR was in love with me..how?"

„How..matlab?"

„Matlab, how could ASR fall in love with me? An ordinary girl?"

„Khushi you're extraordinary. It just happened to me..i suddenly wanted to see you everyday..hear your voice, make sure you're fine. I wanted to spend time with you."

Khushi smiled at him. „Aur main?"

„Hm?"

„What did i do? I mean..how did this all lead to ratna and aditya?"

Arnav's cheeks went red as he looked down and smirked. Khushi saw that and hit his hand that was holding hers. „Besharam!"

„I'm sorry! I'll tell you.."

„Bol!" said Khushi irritated.

„Well, we loved each other but didn't actually tell one another. There was a misunderstanding between us."

„A misunderstanding?"

Arnav nodded. „Sham Manohar Jha."

Arnav told Khushi about their past as she just listened to him. Arnav was open about it and didn't hide the fact that he behaved like a biest to her. But to his luck - Khushi understood and didn't get angry nor sad. She was quite cool with the situation.

Because she knew, from what he told her, thta they'll be together, whatever comes. They will always be there for each other.