Part 23 - our new home

Arnav and khushi walked down the stairs. Arnav had their suitcases as nk helped him. Khushi was holding a sleeping ratna in her arms as she carefully walked down the stairs behind them.

Downstairs, in the living room, was the family waiting for them. Khushi had a weird feeling in her tummy as she had go say bye to each and everyone.

Arnav and nk took the suitcases to the car as di walked to khushi and held ratna in her arms.

„Did she sleep well?" asked di as she looked at ratna smiling.

Khushi nodded and tried to give her a smile but she was too sad to smile. She looked at nani who was giving her a comforting face as she smiled at her warmly.

„Okey, the suitcases are ready. We should get going." said arnav as he looked at the whole family.

The raizadas nodded and looked sad. Nani hugged khushi tight as both of them couldn't stop their tears. Nk hugged arnav as he also had tears in his eyes.

„Nanav..take care and all the best." sais nk.

Arnav nodded and broke the hug. „Take care of the family."

Nk nodded. „Don't worry nanav."

„Khush raho, aur khyal rakh! Theek hai?"

Khushi nodded and touched nani's feet, taking her blessings. She hugged mami as she also started crying.

„Bye bye phatisaree."

„Manorama!" said mama surprised.

„I'm allowed to say that, she is leaving."

Khushi chuckled between her cries. She also touched mami's feet and took her blessing.

Arnav walked to his nani and hugged her.

„Bye nani. We'll be back in no time."

„Take care of your family chote. And all the best for your second company."

Arnav broke the hug and kissed her hands.

„Thank you nani, for everything." he said and touched her feet.

Nani nodded and smiled. Arnav smiled at mami who stood next to her with ratna in her arms.

„Mami.." he said and hugged her.

„Take care arnav bitwa and dont forget to buy us something when you come back."
Arnav chuckled. „I will." Arnav looked at his sister as she was saying bye to khushi.

„Khushi ji, i will really miss you. Without you..this house will be so quite."

Khushi cried and hugged her tighter. „I will miss you too di. Take care of yourself and ishaan."

Di nodded and broke the hug. „Take care of my chote, as you know he needs a lot of love."

Khushi nodded as arnav stood next to her. Di looked at him and hugged him tight. Khushi walked to mama and nk as she wanted to leave brother and sister alone.

„Di, don't worry. We'll be fine." said arnav as he didn't want to start crying.

„I know, it's just that we weren't seperated from eachother our whole life..and now my little brother is leaving for america. To live with his family."

Arnav broke the hug and cupped her face. „You will always be my family di. All of you, forever."

Anjali nodded and hugged him again. „Please call me everyday."

Arnav nodded. „I will."

Anjali closed her eyes as she remembered their childhood. How grumpy arnav was as a kid and of course the ASR he was. And now..leaving his home behind..