Part 48 - Rebuilding Family Bonds

Khushi stood at the threshold of the hotel room, her heart pounding in her chest. Her hands trembled with a mixture of anticipation and fear. She is longing to see her children, to hold them in her arms and feel their presence, but the weight of her own forgotten memories weighed heavily on her.

Arnav sensed her inner turmoil and laid his hand on her shoulder. Khushi looked up at him. "Tum theek ho?" he asked softly. Khushi just nodded her head slowly and started breathing heavily. Arnav saw that and felt bad for his wife. He turned her fully to him and rested his hands on he shoulders making her look up at him with fresh produced tears in her eyes.

"If you're not ready then we can wait, just tell me.." said arnav softly.

Khushi on the side couldn't believe this was Arnav Singh Raizada in front of him. This is a bad joke. How did they end up loving each other? Get married and have a family? Khushi removed his hands from her shoulders. "It's as hard for you as it is for me.." she said without looking at him, but Arnav continued looking at his wife. Arnav just nodded understanding her thoughts.

As the door swung open, Khushi's breath caught in her throat. There they were, her precious little ones, sitting on the bed playing with their toys. Tears welled up in her eyes as she took in every detail, their innocent faces etching themselves into her heart.

Ratna looked up and saw her, her eyes widening with a mixture of surprise and recognition. In that moment, time stood still. Khushi's heart soared as her daughters lips formed the word every woman wants to be called in the future. "Amma!"

The floodgates of emotions burst open as Khushi dropped to her knees, her arms reaching out to embrace her daughter. Their reunion was filled with tears and laughter, an outpouring of love that transcended the boundaries of amnesia. "I have missed you so much." Khushi whispered through tear stained cheeks, her voice filled with joy and longing. She held her daughter tightly, as if trying to bridge the gap of lost time and memories.

Aditya who was much younger than Ratna, gurgled happily, reaching out his tiny hands towards her. Khushi scooped him up, burying her face in his soft hair, inhaling his scent. It was a moment of pure bliss, a reminder that the essence of motherhood transcended all obstacles.

The room was filled with a symphony of emotions - laughter, cries of joy and the sound of little feet pitter pattering across the floor. Khushi and Arnav sat on the bed, their children nestled in their laps. Khushi looked into her children's eyes, her heartaching with a bittersweet mixture of pride and sorrow. She longed to remember the moments she had missed, the milestones she hadn't witnessed. But she also knew that their love was timeless, that their bond could withstand the tests of time and memory.

Later

As the children drifted off to sleep, Khushi walked out to the balcony. The light breeze hitting her arms and face softly. She looked at the city, looking at the Eiffel tower. Arnav came out of the washroom after getting ready for bed too. Khushi turned her head towards him looking at him. He directly looked at her too and held this look. Khushi broke the look and turned her head towards the city again. it was getting darker and the street lights were already on.

Arnav walked out too and stood next to her. Khushi slowly looked up at him. He really looked different. The first thing she recognized was his hair. It was different and his face..he looked older. And now with the accident and knowing that his wife..his love of his life doesn't remember him, as her husband, he looked tired and anxious. Khushi doesn't remember him this way, he would always have a serious look on his face. Just when Arnav turned his head too look down at her she turned her head away. "Tum theek ho?"