PART 36 - mera DADA!

The next few days were the best days khushi has had. She finally smiled again and laughed just like she always did before moving to america. Seeing her bhuaji, amma and babuji again made her so happy that she asked her husband if she could spend some days at her bhuajis house. Thats where they are right now. Khushi is helping amma with the food whereas babuji and bhuaji are playing with ratna. Arnav is smiling at his daughter. She's such a brave child, even tho she's still small and can't remember her grandparents, she welcomed them in her heart pretty fast. Arnav stroke her hair as ratna was sitting on the floor with bhuaji and babuji. Them both doing baby sounds and trying to make her laugh, with success. Ratna looked up to her father.

"Dada." she pulled at his trousers and wanted him to sit on the floor too. Arnav smiled and did so. Ratna laughed and tried to tickle him too. Arnav laughed with his daughter and tickled her back which made ratna laugh. Bhuaji smiled looking at them.

"Hayre nandekishore, Arnav babua ratna has grown so much. You both did really take good care of her." said bhuaji stroking ratnas black hair. Ratna smiled at her and hugged her. Which made bhuaji kiss her little head. 

Arnav looked at them smiling, still not believing his luck. "Nahin bhuaji, the biggest thank you goes to khushi. She took care of ratna the most, i was-"

"Babua.." Shashi interrupted him. "You can also take some credit. You're the father, we can all see how ratna behaves with you and plays with you." Said shashi standing up and sitting on the sofa with arnav. Arnav nodded at his words looking down. 

"But still uncle..Khushi uski maa hai." said arnav looking at shashi who just smiled at him. 

"Aur aap baap hai. Kam nahi hai. Look at khushi, don't tell garima ji but i know that she loves me more than her mother." Arnav chuckled looking over to his wife who was laying the table for dinner. She was wearing a green and pink saree with open hair and some light makeup. Arnav missed seeing her in traditional clothes. She looked beautiful with her little baby bump showing through the saree material.

Khushi looked over and catched arnav looking at her, her father also. 

"Kya hua?" asked khushi with big eyes. "Why are you both looking at me?"

Shashi shook his head and smiled. "Kuch nahi bitiya, we were just talking about you." said shashi looking over to his son in law who was still busy looking at his wife with his well known smirk. Khushi's cheeks got red and looked down walking back into the kitchen. Shashi touched arnav's shoulder bringing him back to laxmi nagar. "Khaana tayar hai, chalein?" Arnav nodded and stood up. 

Bhuaji who. was still playing with ratna smirked at her damaadji. When both the men left the living room to wash their hands bhuaji looked at ratna. 

"Bitiya, your amma and dada are totally in love. Hayre nandekishore, take care of them and their family." She stood up with ratna and went to the washroom to wash her hands too.

After dinner 

Arnav and Khushi were driving back to shantivan. Khushi was sitting on the backseat next to ratna who was sleeping peacefully. Khushi smiled looking at her daughter who didn't let go of her mothers hand. Arnav looked at them in the rearview mirror. "Did she let go of your hand?"

Khushi shook her head still looking at ratna smiling. Arnav smiled too shaking his head. "Sankadevi." Khushi chuckled and looked at him through the mirror. Arnav was watching the road. "Thank you so much." Arnav scrunched his eyebrows. "For what?" He looked at her through the mirror. Khushi looked back at her daughter and stroke her head with her free hand. "For this little miracle and for the one who's on it's way." Arnav smiled. "Khushi you're so dramatic." Khushi scrunched her eyebrows. "Kyun? is it dramatic when you want to thank your husband for the kids you have?"

Arnav shook his head. "Khushi tum pagal ho." "HO..Kyun?" "HO Kyun?" Arnav mocked her which made khushi scrunch her eyebrows even more. "You can't- just forget it." "Better for you if you don't speak." said khushi not looking at him. Arnav smirked looking forward again. "I think this time it will be a boy." 

"Hm? who's talking about babies now?" "Khushi this is a normal topic to discuss." 

Khushi was silent for a moment. "So, what do you think?" asked arnav. 

Khushi thought for a second. "I don't know, this pregnancy feels like the last one. Maybe it's a girl again." 

Arnav shook his head. "ladka hoga" Khushi dropped her shoulders. "Lo, the big arnav singh raizada has spoken. Theek hai, agar aap chahiye to ladka hoga." Arnav smirked at his wifes words. 

"Ladd governer." she whispered paying attention to her daughter who was peacefully sleeping still holding her mothers hand.

The next morning came. Arnav was getting ready for work. He already has eaten breakfast and taken his medicine. Khushi made his bag ready with the files that he needed for today. Ratna was in her crib playing with her dolls. Khushi wore a pink saree today. She helped arnav with his jacket. 

"I have two important meetings today khushi, which means that-"

"You will not make it for dinner." ended khushi his sentence. 

Arnav turned around and laid his hands on her hips. "Im sorry khush." 

Khushi looked over to ratna who was busy messing with her dolls. "Arnav..what.."

"Hm?" he asked innocent still looking at her with those brown eyes. Khushi looked into them and was mesmerized. Arnav kissed her forehead and touched her belly. Khushi lowered her face laying her hand over his. "Growing every day hm?" Khushi nodded. "Tum theek ho?" he asked her touching her cheek with his free hand. Khushi nodded touching his hand and kissing it. "Hum bilkul theek hai." Arnav smiled and hugged her. 

"Dada!" 

Arnav broke the hug and turned to look at his daughter who was trying to get out of her crib.

"No! amma..dada mela *mera*" she opened her arms for arnav to take her. Khushi chuckled at her duaghters cuteness, jealous of her amma hugging her dada. 

"Ratna, dada mera bhi hai." said khushi side hugging arnav. 

"ahh! naa! Dada mela" said ratna in her baby voice and still not talking properly. 

Arnav and khushi both laughed at her cuteness. Arnav walked to her and took her in his arms. Ratna pushed khushi away and hugged her dada leaning her cheek on his. "Dada mela! okey?"

Khushi scrunched her eyebrows acting angry. "Arre!" 

Arnav smiled and kissed his daughters cheek. "Amma bhi meri hai ratna, lets give amma a hug okey?" 

Ratna shook her head. "What the-" said arnav still smiling. "Dada has to go to work, you'll be with amma the whole day. Come.." said khushi opening her arms for her but ratna pushed her away again. "Na!"

"Huh? Arnav, what did you do?" "Kuch nahi khushi, she's daddys little princess. Haina ratna?"

Ratna just hugged her father again. Arnav felt bad for his khushi and sent her a wink. Khushi just smiled at them. 

Okey.. kinda boring but i hope you still liked it. I already let you all know that i'll be continuing this story but i can't promise you when. I try my best to give you a good story. It's just that i don't want to write just something, i want to give you guys a good story of our favorite couple.