Standing in front of the bathroom mirror, she delicately wiped away the makeup that concealed her vulnerability. She, then gently, unclasped her jewelry and peeled off the layers of the dress that weighed heavily on her, as she moved towards the shower. Finally, cladded in the comfort of her pajamas, she came out of the bathroom, her nervousness hanging in the air. Her eyes found Murtasim, now relaxing in a comfortable kurta after discarding his sherwani, waiting his turn to freshen up.

"I'm sorry I took so long," she whispered.

"No, no, it's okay. I understand," he replied softly , his voice laced with sincerity.

Making her way towards the bed, she picked up a pillow, her thoughts shifting towards the sofa she had noticed in the room.

"Meerab, ummm.... where are you going?" Murtasim's voice carried a hint of confusion.

"I was thinking of sleeping on the sofa. I don't want to make you uncomfortable," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

He countered, "No, that's alright. I don't mind. The bed is large enough for both of us. But if you're not comfortable sharing the bed, I can sleep on the sofa."

She hesitated, then said, "No, it's okay. I don't mind either."

"Alright, then. I'll freshen up," he said, excusing himself to the bathroom. Her discomfort had caused him unease, she thought as she silently scolded herself for her awkwardness. Swiftly, she slipped into the thick covers of bed, attempting to calm her racing heart.

______________________________

Murtasim had never truly understood the concept of awkwardness until the recent encounter with Meerab replayed in his mind. As he entered the bathroom, he took a deep breath, letting go of his nervousness. A smile tugged at his lips as he thought about how adorable she had looked. The faint blush on her cheeks and the subtle avoidance of direct eye contact—all of it stirred a flutter in his heart. Murtasim found himself confused by these unfamiliar feelings that had begun to bloom within him. He gazed at his reflection in the mirror, his own shy smile making him feel foolish, yet he couldn't shake it off.

Emerging from the bathroom, his heart raced as he spotted Meerab resting on the bed. Slowly, he eased himself onto the bed, choosing the farthest corner. He watched as Meerab shifted, a hint of concern arising within him that she might unintentionally slip off. Nervously, he spoke up, "Umm, Meerab, we could place a pillow between us if you're uncomfortable. You might fall off like this." He hoped his suggestion would reduce any unease she might be feeling.

Meerab's eyes widened slightly at Murtasim's suggestion, surprised by his thoughtfulness. She had been lost in her own thoughts, anxious about sharing the bed, and his consideration caught her off guard. Nervously, she nodded, her voice softening as she replied, "Yes, a pillow sounds like a good idea. Thank you."

She carefully placed the pillow between them, creating a small barrier that seemed to lessen the vastness of the bed. It was a simple gesture, yet it eased some of the tension that had lingered in the air.

Murtasim felt a mix of relief and contentment as he saw Meerab agree to the arrangement. The growing connection between them, laden with moments of awkwardness and vulnerability, felt both strange and reassuring. As the room settled into a quiet calm, he found himself hoping that this shared journey, with all its uncertainties, might eventually lead them to a place of comfort and understanding.

______________________________

The night slowly gave way to the gentle embrace of dawn. The room remained shrouded in soft hues as the first light of morning filtered through the curtains. Murtasim and Meerab had spent the night in their own thoughts, the awkwardness of the new situation hanging in the air, yet a sense of shared vulnerability bringing them closer in an unexpected way.