Chapter 33: Is she telling the truth?

Start from the beginning

"I know you set me up to walk up on Auggie and you kissing." Her eyes widen but because she's so cocky she takes the bait and admits to it. She doesn't even question how I would know.

"It didn't take much convincing; a few tears and a guilt trip and he was putty in my hands." It makes me angry, but I've already started down this path, there's no stopping. I need to stay calm.

"It must be hard to have to manipulate a guy into kissing you. That must suck, but I guess you are good at manipulating people since you were able to manipulate a guy into attacking and raping me." Her eyes widen again, but she doesn't take the bait this time. So, I keep pushing her. "You're not denying it?" I raise my brow at her.

"I didn't do that.", she responds, but she doesn't sound convincing.

"What? So, you are saying you didn't get a guy hooked on pills intentionally? Hmm? You didn't withhold those pills from the guy until he promised to attack me? You didn't promise him you would give him all the pills he could ever want if he just did what you asked? Huh? But that wasn't good enough for you, was it? You wanted me ruined, so you told him you wanted him to have sex with me. He told you he wouldn't do it, didn't he? That's when you blackmailed him. You threatened to ruin his chances of receiving a full ride to a college he'd spent years working towards. You talked me up and then you told him your cousin had a kink, right? That I'd enjoy fighting back, but you didn't anticipate me being able to fight back and be able to get away before he could rape me, did you?" I spit at her.

She's not saying anything, not denying it though. I've caught her off guard.

"What, you don't have nothing to say?" I taunt her.

"It doesn't matter what I say, you can't prove anything. If you could have proved it, I would have been behind bars a long time ago." She sneers. She's right, if I could have handed in evidence without getting him into trouble as well, I would have. Maybe I still can and making a deal on his behalf?

"Oh, I got proof, I'm just biding my time. The only reason I haven't is I don't want him dragged into this." And I don't. I know this sounds crazy and maybe even stupid, but I've actually forgiven the guy who attacked me and have come to care for him and his family. I've seen what the craving for drugs will make a person do. I truly believe that if it wasn't for Melissa, he would have never done what he did. That doesn't mean I didn't make him pay for what he did to me. He owned what he did, he got his ass kicked for it, but he didn't make excuses and he apologized. He may have been stupid to get involved with Melissa, but he was smart enough to keep all the voicemails and text messages from her to collaborate with his story.

"How sweet of you?" She sneers at me.

"That doesn't mean I won't get something else on you. I can only imagine what you did at prom wasn't the only time you done something like that. Don't worry, I'll get you. I would watch my back if I were you. I'm sure the ladies would love you in prison." I smirk at her. I can tell I've caught her off guard.

"You know it's just really sad that you have to threaten people to stay away from Auggie." I antagonize her a little more hoping she will say something that will incriminate her.

"Ugh! He's mine and you ruined everything when you came back."

"How am I ruining things? Auggie and I are only friends and partners? How is that ruining things, I thought you were engaged?" I ask her innocently.

"Well after you threw a tantrum and left, he changed his mind and told everyone we weren't engaged. You ruined it. He would have gone along with it if you wouldn't have thrown a fit and left." She lets slip.

"A tantrum? I left quietly, and I haven't spoke with Auggie since."

"You always ruin everything!" She screams at me.