fifty

Everyone had dispersed among the house after the clean up of the Christmas cookies concluded. Aria, who had already showered for the night, promised everyone she would guard and continue rotating the cookies in and out of the oven. The boys, tired and wanting to get ready for a relaxing night, agreed to putting her in charge and left her in the kitchen.

But Aria wasn't alone during her "shift." She had the pets that she's grown so fond of. Jillian was the first of the three to spot the young girl in the kitchen, humming to herself while she was on her phone. Excited, Jillian ran upstairs to find Twyla, determined to get her best friend to cuddle with their human girl.

It didn't take much to convince Twyla to get up from her nap.

"Oh hello." Aria put down her phone as soon as the two cats jumped onto the counter top. "You guys missed the cookie making and decorating!" Aria ran her hand down Jillian's back, the cat pacing back and forth in front of Aria, desperate for her attention. Aria smiled at Twyla, noticing that she stayed back, letting her friend have Aria's attention. "Did you guys have a good day today?" Aria reached her hand towards Twyla, the cat scooting forward so she could accept Aria's pets.

'I did have a good day.' Twyla began to purr as soon as Aria scratched under her chin. 'I took the best naps and I unmade Yoongi's bed. I even managed to drag one of his pillows onto the floor!'

"Oh really?" Aria giggled softly, Twyla meowing and meowing, speaking to her. "That sounds wonderful." Aria turned towards Jillian. "And Jillian? What about you?"

'I had a fun day!' Jillian meowed happily. 'I played with my toys and then I scratched my scratching post and then I broke into Namjoon's room and chewed on my favorite plant!' Jillian smiled up at Aria, Aria's bright smile shining onto the cat. 'And then I slept on Jungkook's bed, my second favorite place to sleep, after Jimin's room of course.'

"Wow." Aria kissed both of their heads. "You two had quite the adventures today, didn't you?" Aria smiled softly at the two cats. 'Man, I wish I had my own cat. Cats are just the sweetest.'

'What are you doing, Little Human?' Jillian chirped, grabbing Aria's attention.

"Do you guys want to help me finish the cookies?" Aria asked, looking over at the four trays that she still needed to rotate into the oven. "We have about two more rounds left!"

'We'll hel-'

'I WANNA HELP!' A very loud dog barked, running down the stairs from his owner's room.

"Heads up Ari!" Taehyung laughed from the second floor, watching his Yeontan run down the stairs.

"I've got him!" Aria laughed, catching Yeontan as he jumped at her. "Hi Buddy! You wanna help too?"

'Yes yes yes yes yes!' Yeontan licked Aria's face all over. 'You're so happy today right right? My papa said you guys went to the zoo today! Happy human!'

"Awh Cutie Patootie." Aria hugged Yeontan tightly, absolutely adoring this dog. "You're the best."

'Wow.' Twyla grumbled, laying down on the countertop. 'An oversized squirrel comes barreling through the kitchen and we're forgotten about.'

'Now now Twyla.' Jillian smiled, her tail swaying back and forth behind her, waiting patiently for Aria. 'We aren't forgotten.'

"Let's watch the cookies!" Aria gasped happily, planting a quick kiss on Yeontan's cheek before turning back to the two cats. "Do you guys want to watch with us?" Aria motioned for them to join her and Yeontan on the floor, Aria sitting down in front of the oven. Her smile grew even wider once the two cats jumped down beside her, crawling into her lap.