twenty nine

"Oh my God he's bigger than you." Aria gasped as she saw Namjoon through the shop window, looking through some candy.

Jungkook stopped walking and held his chest, his other arm linked with Aria's, him being a support beam for her. "How dare you insult me this way?"

"But, but he is." Aria chuckled slightly, Jungkook groaning and leaning back.

"I'm the strong one. I am, I'm super strong. And I'm tall!" Jungkook tried to defend himself, Taehyung laughing softly as Yoongi kicked Jungkook's leg.

"But so is Namjoon." Aria patted Jungkook's hand, landing the final blow. Jungkook faked his pain, holding his heart as Aria regretted her words. Why would she just insult him like that? "I'm sorry Jungkook."

"Oh it's alright Aria, I'm just playing." Jungkook reassured her, Taehyung creeping up to the display window of the shop, Namjoon right by it.

"You're really strong too." Aria spoke softer, afraid Jungkook would get mad.

"Well thank you Aria." Jungkook smiled down at her, Aria slowly relaxing. There were no signs of anger or aggression in his eyes. No, just the color of milk chocolate and the feel of kindness.

"Rawr!" Taehyung shouted, hitting the glass, Namjoon jumping and dropping several things of chocolate.

"Fuck." Aria clutched Jungkook's arm tighter, blinking slowly as she tried to calm herself down.

"Hey it's okay, it's just Taehyung being an egg head." Jungkook held her back, leaning down to whisper in her ear as Taehyung laughed at Namjoon as he quickly picked up the dropped items. "Breathe Aria, nothing is wrong. You're okay."

"I'm okay." Aria blinked painfully as her chest was filled with an unwanted amount of air. "I'm fine it's fine."

"I've got you." Jungkook glared at Taehyung, slightly hating him for his carelessness. He just broke their number one rule, and didn't even notice. "You're okay."

Jungkook has heard her father's screams, her mother's insults. They scared him. They were so loud, so mean, so ruthless.

He couldn't imagine living with them.

Namjoon made eye contact with Aria through the window and his eyes lit up. He waved at her and quickly rushed off, trying to find the door. Namjoon being Namjoon, was lost in the desert shop, taking a bit longer than what a normal person would. (not that namjoon isn't a normal person, it's just,, he would get lost let's be honest)

"He's like a big German Shepherd that doesn't know how big he is." Jungkook mumbled to Aria as Namjoon finally reached the door. "But he's very gentle. He won't hurt you."

Aria knew Namjoon would never hurt her. But seeing that tall and buff of a man running to her... she got a little scared.

Jungkook sensed that, Aria holding onto him tighter giving it away. He slowly let go of Aria as Namjoon turned the corner, inching her forward to greet Namjoon.

"Aria!" Namjoon exclaimed, running with his arms out, eyes bright with happiness. "Hi!"

Aria let go of Jungkook, Namjoon picking her up in his hug, laughing once he spun them.

Her biggest supporter, mentor, and basically father to her, was hugging her, laughing in pure bliss. He was happy to see her. He wanted to see her.

And she wanted to see him.

"It's so good to see you!" Namjoon smiled and put her down on her feet, pulling his mask down so she could see his face. "Wow." He breathed, putting his hands on his hips as he looked at her. "How are you?"