twenty five

"Hey Joon." Aria's voice was quiet, her hands shaking as she tucked her hair behind her ear. "Can you-oh." She looked up at the FaceTime and saw all seven of the boys, the phone set up like how a Vlive would be. "Uhm."

It was several hours later, it 11pm for Aria now, 1 pm the next day for BTS. And Aria has been attempting this single Algebra question for about twenty minutes now.

"Aria!" Jungkook jumped up from his seat, sliding over the table to get closer to the camera. "We got your presents!" Hoseok flinched once Jungkook made his loud noises and quick movements. He tried to see past Jungkook's head to see Aria's reaction, but Jungkook was jumping around like a madman.

"Jungkookie please sit down." Hoseok called out as Jungkook did a twirl, getting a bit nervous. Aria didn't look as good as she did a few hours ago. "Everyone stop talking."

Everyone shut their mouths quite quickly, Hoseok not being as warm and bubbly as before.

"Namjoon, she called you and she needs you for a specific thing." Hoseok gestured to the table, Namjoon getting up and sitting on the table so he was close to her. "Go ahead Aria."

Aria held onto the heart of her bracelet tightly, trying to tell herself to breathe. "U-uhm, this question, for algebra."

Namjoon nodded along to her broken sentence, the silence of the boys helping greatly. "What seems to be the problem?"

"It's a, a polynomial, a quartic, the degree, the degree thing is 4." Aria swallowed, running her hand through her hair as she looked down at the question in her book. "So with my calculator." She held it up, Namjoon putting on his glasses, seeing her hands shake uncontrollably instead of the graph. "But there's no, arc thing."

"So a quartic graph as three main curves, right?" Namjoon helped her slowly. "Four changes in directions because of the degree of four." Aria's lip quivered as she nodded. "What are the numbers involved with the equation?"

Aria listed off the numbers, Namjoon not getting half of them because of the amount of times she repeated herself, but heard the negatives and decimals, assuming the places and their values as well.

"What is your window set at for your graph?" He asked, a simple layout in his mind, trying to figure out the problem.

"The minimums are 0 and the maxes for both are 10 b-because the example says '0<x<10.'" Aria explained softly, trying so desperately to figure out her mistakes.

"Does it say anything about the y value?" Namjoon asked gently, now seeing how severe her state of mind was currently.

"N-no." She looked closer at her book, trying to find out anything.

"Is there an example graph?" Namjoon questioned again, thinking there must be if its in a book.

"Yeah." Aria squinted at the graph.

"And what is the y at?" Namjoon knew her mistake now, Aria still slowly processing it.

"65." Aria felt the hot tears against her face, feeling so incredibly stupid, knowing her mistake now.

"Hey, Aria, it's okay." Namjoon too, saw the tears falling down her face. "It was a simple mistake, nothing you couldn't fix." Namjoon watched as she sniffed, trying and trying to get her tears away, but nothing helped. "Aria, look at me."

Aria shook her head, keeping it low as she kept on crying. "I'm sorry."

"Aria what hap-"

"Ari." Hoseok intervened quickly, knowing it was not a good idea to ask for her memories of whatever happened. "Can you do something for me? It's really simple, I promise." Hoseok patted Namjoon's hand, signalling he was good.