forty

"She's on the couch." Hoseok reported to Namjoon as he walked into the kitchen, pouring himself a cup of coffee. "I haven't heard her speak a single word."

"She got sick last night, after we all went to bed." Namjoon poured Aria a cup of coffee, only half full. "Jin and I helped her out, so don't worry."

"How is she?"

"That's what I'm going to find out." Namjoon walked over to Aria, sitting down beside her.

She sat on the couch, her legs crossed like a pretzel beneath her. The TV was on in front of her, no sound, just pictures slowly changing on the screen. She hugged herself tightly, Twyla curled up in her lap.

Her bottom lip was between her lip, chewing on it as she stared straight ahead, no focus or attention in her eyes. There was, nothing, actually.

Jungkook walked out of his room, his eyes lighting up when he saw Aria. But Hoseok saw Jungkook as well and started to wave his arms widely. Jungkook frowned and stared at Hoseok. Hoseok 'sliced' his neck, telling Jungkook no.

Jungkook walked over to Hoseok, the kitchen behind Aria, standing beside his hyung.

"Is something wrong?" Jungkook whispered, Hoseok nodding, no sound in his response.

Namjoon left plenty of space between him and Aria, almost two feet. He took a sip of his coffee, swallowing and waiting a few seconds before holding out Aria's coffee to her. She looked at him, Namjoon staring straight ahead at the TV, still waiting for her to take it.

Aria looked down at the coffee, her hands burning slightly when she took the mug, holding it just above Twyla, looking back to the TV.

No words were shared.

Six more pictures passed on the screen before Aria put her coffee on the coffee table in front of them. She picked up Twyla and scooted over to Namjoon, putting her head on his shoulder.

Namjoon also put his coffee down, beside Aria's, taking her hand into his. He patted it a few times before lowering it again, her hand still between his two, the two of them watching the program in front of them, no words leaving their lips.

These two don't need words to speak an entire speech of reassurance.

"Good morning Namjoon." Aria spoke gently, Namjoon allowing a smile to cross his face.

"Good morning Aria."

-

Aria sat at the table with everyone, Taehyung looking dead in his seat, his elbow on the table and hand holding his head up, way too tired. One of her legs was folded beneath her, hands in her lap.

"Oh Aria," Jin smiled, carrying two big plates. "How are you feeling?"

This caught everyone's attention, all who were unaware of her small sickness. Jimin held his cup up, freezing, eyes on Aria.

"I feel better actually." A smile. She smiled.

"Well you do look better today." Jin sat the plates down, one full of cinnamon rolls, the other plate with scrambled eggs. "You have color in your face again." He took off the oven mitt on one of his hands, gesturing to her forehead. "May I?"

Aria nodded and raised her head, Jin placing his hand on her forehead. "Is it normal again?"

"Feels good to me." He smiled widely, Jungkook clapping.

"I told you my book was magical." Namjoon said proudly, everyone so, very confused.

"Joon, I'm going to be honest with you," Aria swallowed a smile. "I do not remember a single thing that you read last night."