57

Faina and Fedora.

Six Months old. 

Imani smiled.

Her hand removed slowly from Faina Kholodov. The lightly sun kissed six-month-old baby finally asleep as she checked on the other identical dark skinned baby girl, Fedora Kholodov.

Her girls had more fun than Imani today, celebrating their six months of birth. Imani couldn't recall Xander getting so many gifts and presents from the citizens and soldiers of Sontarc.

Grabbing the baby monitor, she turned on the dim light and carefully shut the door. Going to her four-year-olds room, she was surprised to see the boy sitting on the edge of his bed. "Xander? Baby why are you up? Come here."

She walked in, tucking the tight coiled boy back into the race car soft sheets. He nodded, returning the kiss he was given as he relaxed to his mother's fingers on his skin.

"Daddy..daddy has a surprise for you momma." He yawned, sleep swallowing him hole as he was out like a light. The twenty-three-year-old woman smiled softly with a nod to her head. "Goodnight my sweet boy. Thank you." She spoke in her soft voice. Luring the boy to sweet dreams.

The birth of Faina and Fedora had been easy. But the repairing of Imani and Valis individually was a struggle. Valis had buried his brother among the other ones who were laid to rest under what Imani had remembered being the third compound. The man had mourned in peace, with his wife and children by his side. Now he remains as he usually did. One of the top powerful Dons among the underworlds. One of the most dangerous mafias known to man. 

Valis Kholodov.

Imani had remained in the dark of his business, as they agreed. She had remembered her own oath. Wanting to give her husband a family to depend on, a life to distract herself from such horrid thoughts of what her husband is involved and in charge with.

Her smile was still remaining as she closed Xanders door behind her. 

What surprise can her husband have for her at this late night?

She froze, stopping her short journey of walking down the long hall.

A red rose.

On the floor, distanced by two feet apart. Red and white patterned roses. She picked them up, face heating with an emotional heart as her arms were full of the trimmed roses.

They stopped at the bedroom door. Opening it she felt her breath hitch. Two more roses, red and white.

The familiar deep symbolization made her eyes water, sniffling as she counted twenty roses in her arms.

Ten red roses.

Ten white roses.

Stepping further into the room, she looked at the dress on the bed.

Soft blue dress.

Imani was quick to the bathroom. Showering and prepping herself for the unknown. Standing at the mirror, she observed the fluid draping of the soft blue, silk chiffon dress. It stopped two inches above her ankles, perfectly showing the dark brown heels that compared to her dark skin in perfection.

Imani left the flowers, scattering them on the bed before she left.

She will make love to her husband in their bed tonight, whatever he has planned.

Going down the flight of stairs, Imani slowly walked around the house, stopping at the sight of a woman who stood at the backyard door. The woman smiled, inviting her hand outwards for Imani to grasp.

"I will hold on to the baby monitor for you, ma'am." She smiled, leading her other hand outwards to the large see through door. The candles and faint soft music grabbed her attention as Imani nodded, placing it in her hands.

"You look beautiful, may I add. Your husband is outside for you." She remained in her spot, the monitor turned on as she opened the sliding door smoothly.

Imani gasped, eyes thinking at the sight before her.

Valis Kholodov.

A long column of red and white roses made a straight pathway that led straight to him. Dim candles that were inches behind the roses, lighting up perfectly but still. None of it was bright enough compared to the stars that lit up the dark night.

Imani whimpered, hand covering her mouth as her husband waited for her.

Under their willow tree.

She kicked the heels off, walking down the pathway, right to their backyard.

What was this?

What was Valis Kholodov planning?

If he wanted to look at the stars-

"Flower." He breathed out.

Her thoughts were cut off. Heart slamming as she covered her mouth.

An elder man stood beside Valis, hands clasped in front of him as he greeted her with a curt nod.

"Valis.." she whimpered, looking at the book in the elder man's hold.

"I know it isn't what you dreamed of, Imani. But it's close, isn't it?"

Wedding.

Their wedding.

She nodded, hands on his shoulders as she kissed him. Over where he stood, she observed the heart shaped lighting that surrounded their first child. In the middle lie a deep crimson rose.

Imani nearly bawled, fingers trembling at the beautiful tribute to their resting unborn. Valis waited, hands on her waist as she finished her first round of tears, slowly composing herself. Wiping underneath her eyes, she nodded at the handsome man. Taking a small step back, she interlaced her fingers with his. Two hands holding two hands.

The Don nodded briefly at the man with words only exchanged in silence. With a clear of his throat, the elder man began. "The four of us are gathered here today, together in the sight of above. To witness and celebrate the marriage and bonding of the bride and groom, Imani Milton,"

She sniffled, smiling as her eyes were stuck in love. However, she looked in Valis's eyes. All he did was mirror it. So much love and affection, all recognized in his dark brown orbs.

"And Valis Kholodov."

Imani finally noticed the black button up and black slacks he wore on his skin. He was breathtakingly handsome. So much different than his usual black attire. Black hair combed back which exposed most of his bottom half fade.

"We rejoice with them in their delight of finding love within one another and with each other. To support their decision to commit themselves to a lifelong relationship."

This was happening.

Imani was going to be wed, actually wed to her best friend.

Her lover.

Her partner.

She was marrying her soulmate.

Valis Kholodov.