Chapter 33

-  𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒  -

Monday

It was 5th period and I was exhausted. I honestly didn't want to be at school right now from yesterday. I still couldn't believe that my mothers killer was released from prison.

I was just sitting in class with my headphones staring off into space. Words couldn't even describe how angry I was.

Reid wasn't at school today, he told me he had to do something and then he'll pick me up after school. I didn't know what that something was but it didn't seem good.

Nevio wasn't here either.

My dad was still upset of course. I don't even think he went to work today. And Santi wanted a day off of school.

I was so angry I couldn't even rethink the moments of the wonderful date surprise that me and Reid had like I wanted to since it was all crushed.

The bell rang and I grabbed my phone and bag walking out of the classroom turning my music up. I just wanted to tune everything out right now.

I looked around seeing a poster for Savio's disappearance making me sigh mentally. I felt someone's arm wrap around my shoulder making me turn around seeing Kaleb.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey.." I trailed shrugging him off a bit.

It wasn't in a rude way I just didn't want to be around any jocks right now. Or touching me.

"You alright?" He asked making me nod. "You heard about Savio?"

"Yeah.." I sighed opening my locker.

"It's weird. We were all the party and he disappeared. Sarah told me that he was last seen with you.."

"What?" I asked feeling my heart drop to my ass.

"She said you guys talked for a while but that's all she saw." He shrugged.

"Yeah.. he came over to me by the drink table then I went back to Grace and Mila for a while. I needed some fresh air after that from all the drinks." I told him. Did I really just lie like that?

"You did look pretty wasted." He laughed. "His moms having a lookout search again tonight, tell me if you can make it okay? I'll send you the address."

I nodded as he walked away. I wanted to cry right now.

I just lied so bad to his face, I've never lied that easily to someone before. Knowing exactly what happened to him just made my heart wrench.

Even after what he did to me I still felt terrible. His parents, everything.

I held in my tears while someone wrapped their arms around me. "You okay?" I heard Mila say.

That just made it harder to hold my tears in

I nodded turning to face her. "I can't believe they let that bastard out. My mom saw it on the news and she was furious." Grace said.

"You got the amber alert earlier though?" Mila asked.

"What alert?"