27. "Remember me?"

April 28th, 2019

first person-pov

"My mom is pulling me out of boarding school.", I blurt out to Ravi, holding my ice cream cup, as we sit on the bench.

"Wow, I mean after you almost killed yourself, that's a bit weird.", Ravi says to me. I roll my eyes.

"I think she just wants to spend more time, with me. When my dad was alive, we never spent time together, as a family. I honestly think it's a good thing.", I say, putting the spoon in my mouth.

"We're moving to Italy.", I say, my facial expression softens when I realize that means I'm moving away from him. I look at his face and see his face saddened. I sigh.

"Please, don't look at me like that.", I say, looking down at my ice cream.

"I'll just miss you. That's all.", Ravi says, looking down.

"Well, I'll miss you too. Might even have to take the private jet to see you every day.", I say, smiling.

"We could do dinner and a movie", he says. I look at the text from his mom.

It's time. You are a danger to him. Remember all the pain you caused him in a matter of weeks. This is what's best for both of you. Your recovery is most important, he'll agree. I promise.

I sigh, then shut my phone off.

"What? What is it?", Ravi asks me.

"Ravi. I - I -", I stammer over my words. I can't believe, I have to do this. I hope someday he forgives me.

"Hey, look at me. What it is, we can deal with it together.", Ravi says. Tears fall from my eyes, as Ravi then takes me into a hug. I gulp and finally come up with the courage to say.

"We can't do dinner and a movie.", I say. Trust me this hurts me more than you."You can't come to see me. This is the last time.", I say.

"This is the last time?", Ravi repeats in his confused voice. "Celeste, what are you trying to say- ", Ravi tries to continue, but I cut him off.

"This is the last time, we can see each other.", I elaborate.

"What are you talking about? No, it's not.", Ravi says, nearly getting up from his seat.
"I'm trying to protect you. You must understand.", I continue.

"Well, I don't, Celeste. Explain! Protect me from what?", Ravi asks, getting infuriated.

"From myself", I yell, trying to walk away. But he grabs my hand stopping me. "I hurt everyone around me, everyone I care about. You deserve better. I'm flawed, Ravi.", I continue.

"But I'm still in love with you.", Ravi says, as he brushes his hand around my face.

"I'm protecting you.", I yell, trying to walk away, but he still has a strong grip on my wrist.

"Shut up, Celeste. It's not your choice to make. Ok, just stop!", Ravi yells. Tears and bubbles form in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Ravi.", I say.

"You don't have to go do this. I waited for you. I wanted to see you. Why, why are you leaving me?", Ravi says, tears falling to his cheeks. "I love you.", I say, then let go of his hand. Then I walk away from him, the love of my life, my soulmate. I just walked away. Even from a distance, I can hear Ravi's sobs, louder than ever. I left and didn't look back, and I hated myself for it.

"You did good, you are a danger to Ravi and yourself. I can see that you love him, and the right choice was to let him go.", Ravi's parents say, I quickly run away from them not waiting for them to see me cry, and then I head back to my home country. My home, but it wasn't my home. Ravi was my home, a home I couldn't go back to.

August 1st, 2020
a year later

I head to the beach, and while walking, I bump into someone. Oh my goodness, why am I so clumsy? Need to get this checked out.

"Are you kidding me?", a familiar voice says.

"I'm so sorry.", I respond, but then the boy turns around and there I see Ravi Sighn, the exact moment we met played out.

"Ravi!"

"Hey, Celeste! Remember me?"

~🏫~

You have reached the end of the story. I hope you like it. Bye!

finished: August 5th,2023
last updated: December 24th,2023