17. Leo Woods

Next Morning

April 20th, 2019

I wake up, as I yawn and stretch my arms. I grab Ravi's shirt from one of his available drawers, which looks humongous. I walk out and make coffee. I head back to the space and see Ravi staring at me.

"Didn't want to wake you. You looked so cute sleeping.", I say, as I kiss his nose, Ravi drives his fingers through my hair, then kisses me, I get on top of him, and kiss his neck.

"Celeste.", I hear him say softly.

"What?", I ask ceasing to look at him. He junctures behind me nervously.

"It's your mom.", I turn around rather quickly, and fall to the mattress, pulling the sheets over me. "Mom! What are you doing here?!", I ask so embarrassed, but my mom doesn't answer. I pull the sheets off my face and take a look at her red eyes. "What's wrong?", I ask, concerned.

"Sweetheart... it's your father. He's been shot.", my mom says. "What!", I say leaping out of bed.

"We need to go to the hospital now.", my mom says, urgently, she leaves the room allowing me to change. I pull off the oversized shirt, as it swings off my neck, and put on my dress, as I lightly zip it up, careful not to break the zipper. I begin to walk towards the door, then I Look at Ravi as he nods. I head to my mom and see a private jet waiting for us right in the garden. She gets on when she sees me, as it flies to the hospital. We arrive.

"What can I help you with?", the nurse asked my mother.

"It's my husband Leo Woods.", my mother responds.

"Oh dear!", the nurse says, which starts to scare both me and my mother.

"What's wrong? What is it?", my mother asks. The nurse takes my mom's hand, bringing us to room 140, and opening the door, allowing us to look at my dad.

"I am so sorry for your loss.", the nurse says. My mom goes to my dad, and falls to the floor, as I follow along.

"Dad!", I say, crying. I looked at my mother, as nonstop tears fell from her eyes onto my father's neck. I fall to the ground and cry in my arms. The nurse notices, while my mother continues to lay on my father's chest. The nurse holds me, as I cry into her arms, sobbing nonstop. While I was enjoying my life, sleeping with Ravi, my father was in his last moments, and I missed it. I didn't even see what was going on. How could I miss this? Wouldn't a daughter sense if something was wrong with their father? But I didn't. How could I do this?

~🏫~