23. "I'm fine"

"I love you, Dad. We need you. I need you.Please.Fight dammit. Wake up!", I shout, pulling his arm.

April 26th,2019

And then there was nothing at all...

The ambulance arrives

The sound echoed in my ear.Nonstop.Ravi pulled on my hand just to get me to go inside. I watched as the paramedics, performed many tactics to keep him awake before we got to the hospital, and they succeeded, but will he make it before Mom comes? Ravi looks at me and smiles. With his beautiful half-smile, I look at him and then look down. And ask myself the recurring questions in my head all over again. If my father dies, was his death my fault? And if so, did I kill my father?

We arrive at the hospital. My mom was already there. She walks with me and Ravi, as they bring Dad into a room.

"What happened??", she asks, confused. I look at her and feel Ravi's fingers slip, perfectly in my hand, causing me to take a breath.

Everything will be fine

10 minutes later

The nurse comes out and says, "We are so sorry, for your loss. Your husband's wounds, were so severe that he died in a matter of seconds on the table. Again so sorry for your loss.", she then quickly leaves.

My mother looks at me, as I attempt to comfort her.

"Don't say anything.", she says, crying in her hands. Ravi comforts me, as I cry into his chest, soaking his t-shirt.

April 27th,2019

"I need you to explain what happens with your father, again.", my mother says to me, pouring herself, a glass of wine.

"Mom, I already explain-", I try to say, but before I can finish, she cuts me off.

"Again", she says. I recite the incident of my father's passing over, and over again until finally, my mom falls asleep. I head back upstairs to my room, as my phone beams with an insane amount of messages nearly falling from my desktop. I check my phone and see all the new messages are from one person and one person only.
Ravi Sighn ...

Next morning

I wake up, to the doorbell ringing, which is weird considering, no one besides me and Mom has been in this house, since Dad's passing. I head downstairs and open the door.

"Oh so you are alive.", Ravi says to me.

"What do you want?", I ask, walking away from the door. Ravi shuts the door and follows after me. "To know how my girlfriend, is doing maybe.", he says.

"How do you think I'm doing? You were there. Do I look okay? Does my mom look okay.", I say, pointing at my mom, while picking up the glass cups filled with beer from the table.

"Celeste.", Ravi says to me.

"I love you, but right now. I just can't deal with this. I can't.", I say, silently crying, as Ravi holds me.

"Ok, yeah. I get it, I'm so sorry.", Ravi says, I break through his arms, and go to wash the dishes. "I'm fine. I'm fine. My mom, needs me, and I need to be there for.", I say, turning to look at Ravi.

"what about you?", Ravi asks me. "Who will look out for you?"

~🏫~