15. Confession

I kiss his cheek, then turn around and see... Ravi. He looks at me, then walks away. I chase after him.

"Ravi!", I say, following him out.

"You know what, Celeste? Go be with him, I don't care.", Ravi says.

"I left him to be with you.", I attempt to explain.

"Yep, right after you had a nice night. I saw the ripped blouse on the floor.", Ravi says.

"I know it looks bad-"

"Yeah, it looks bad.", Ravi says, getting angrier.

"I'm sorry. But I just... wanted to be with someone. I didn't mean to hurt you.", I say.

"You are right. I shouldn't be angry. We are just friends.", Ravi says.

"You think that?", I ask. Ravi looks around in shock.

"No!! In what world? Does it look like I think that? Why can't you see it?", Ravi asks me.

"See what?", I ask.

"How in love I am with you.", Ravi yells at me. I sit down on the bench.

"Why are you just telling me this?", I ask. Ravi looks at me and then smiles.

"I'm sure you heard the stories. Of how my best friend died.", Ravi tells me. I nod.

"After she died. I closed myself off from the world, which closes people off.", Ravi says.

"Why?", I ask curiously, but cautiously.

"I was afraid. Afraid that if I let someone in, I'd lose them. I promised myself that I wouldn't let anyone in after that.", Ravi says, I look down. "But I broke that promise, the day I met you.", Ravi says lowly, causing me to look at him again.

"When I met you. You intrigued me, I didn't know you yet. But I knew I didn't want to lose you, and that scared me so I just pushed you away.", Ravi says. I smile, then hold Ravi's hand.

"You won't lose me.", I say.

~🏫~

Yay, after 14 chapters, they finally confessed their love. I hope you liked this confession. I know they didn't kiss, but I feel like what Ravi said made it meaningful. Stay tuned for when I update. Thank you for reading. Also, I'm supposed to get the sequel to A Good Girl's Guide to Murder today, and I'm so excited!! Also thank you for 100 reads!! I think I'm writing the next chapter tomorrow though