Chapter 39

Devi Rukmini was sitting in the hall in a cross-legged position. Namjoon sat on the other side in the similar position, enthusiasm swirling in his deep brown orbs. Learning new skills has its own thrill, after all. 

A veena was kept in front of the both of them. The queen picked up her veena, and taught Namjoon how to hold it. Once that part was done, she started teaching him sargam, playing the notes one by one and the latter followed her moves.

***

Rishika and Manavi went to meet the other girls, leaving the former's room. Now when they're left with so little time with each other, might as well make good use of it. So, they went towards the kitchen, where the others were, according to the palace staff. Passing by the royal hall, they gave Namjoon an encouraging smile, which the latter returned happily.

The kitchen was huge, and was filled with princesses and staff. Delicious smell was emanating from the inside, as various delicacies were being prepared. The duo searched for their friends amidst the whole lot of people, and finally found Aashna sitting at the counter, making small balls with the mixture kept near her.

"Aashna didi, kya bana rhi hain aap?"

"Dahi vada!" Aashna told, as she turned to face Manavi. She raised her brows slightly as she noticed the change in appearance. "Kya baat hai! Aaj toh tum kuchh adhik hi sundar lag rhi ho." She teased.

"Arthat mai hamesha sundar nhi lagti." Manavi mock-pouted, making Aashna chuckle.

"Tum aaj bhi sundar nhi lg rhi, Manavi. Haan... par pehle se toh thik hi lag rahi ho." Hearing a familiar male voice answer her not so humbly, she turned around to face him. And there he was, standing smugly as if he just said the wisest of words. Beside him was the prince of Awadh, the living definition of grace. Jungkook's eyes widened subtly as he took in her sublime beauty. The smug expression faltered, and nervousness took over his confident features. He broke the eye contact, and turned to examine his nails with his eyebrows raised slightly, so as to not give it away that he was indeed nervous.

"Kya karu, Jungkook. Sangati ka asar toh padta hi hai." Manavi said, blinking innocently. Jungkook raised his brows and looked at her once again. "Tum ye kehne ka prayas kr rhi ho ki kumari Aashna aur devi Rishika sundar nhi hain?" 

"Nahi Jungkook, mai ye kehne ka prayas kar rahi hu ki tum sundar nhi ho." Manavi stated her proclamation, and Junkook gasped. "Manavi, tumhari aankhei'n toh thik hai na. Tum kaho toh mai rajvaid ko bula du." 

"Haan Jungkook, tum aisa karo rajvaid ko bula hi lo. Ya kaho toh mai tumhe unke paas lekar chalti hu. Upchar ki bahut aawashyakta hai tumhe." Manavi countered. None of them were willing to step back in this battle of retorts, nor were the other three ready to intervene. Cause why would they? They were getting free entertainment, after all.

But, a melodious voice decide to intervene, the voice of a flute, to be precise. The voice which can make the grumpiest of man smile, let alone the two very lovely bantering duo. Happiness was spreading its wings in the palace. Everyone had a smile on their face, their spirits visibly lifted. But somehow, today, the voice of the venu sounded incomplete, as if it was waiting for another voice to mingle with it, and fill the space. As if it was calling out to someone very dear. As if it was waiting for the colors of love to paint the wings of happiness. As if Hari was calling his Shri to play his tunes, while he played hers. 

And the voice did become complete when the sound of Veena decided to complete it, the way Shri completes Hari. The combination of love and happiness was so profound that even heavens envied this place, this melody. Everything stilled for a moment. Probably the divinity was too much to take. Bliss took over everyone's heart, and for a moment, they wondered if this is what the yogis call sat-chit-anand. And when you're with the love of your life at this particular moment, doesn't it make everything all the more better, that is, if better is still possible.

Tae and Aradhya were in the royal garden when this moment transpired, while Jin and Atmika were in their room when divinity possibly reached its zenith. Call it sheer luck, or the good deeds of their past lives, but even luck envied them... and not just them, but everyone who was present there. Probably because even luck was not lucky enough to be there at that particular time. The gods watched the events from the skies above... listening to the tunes of the eternal couple complimenting each other.

But, the bliss doesn't last long on earth, even if Lakshmi and Narayan themselves arrive. While everyone were living the moment of ecstasy, destruction was flapping its wings somewhere in the corner, hiding from the rainbow colors of love and the dark color of the lord divine, waiting for the right time to destroy everything in its vicinity and beyond. 

*********

Thank you guys for reading this book even after so long. I'm really grateful to all of you. 

As for this chapter, I actually wanted to write a Krishna-Rukmini moment. And although I wanted to write a cute moment, not something as divine. But somehow, the idea came up and I ended up writing this.

Guess we'll have to wait for sometime for a cute moment. Till then, enjoy the divinity.