Chapter 22

Next morning:

Hastinapur court:

Everyone was seated on their respective thrones. The court was going on as usual, when someone among the ministers said:

"Maharaj, Varanavrat me tyohar ka ayojan ho raha hai. Iss ayojan me shahar ko, swarg ki bhaanti sajaya jaayega."

Duryodhan smirked, hearing the name of the city, Varanavata, while Jungkook clenched his fist. He still remembers that day, when he accidentally overhears the plan of Duryodhan, to burn the five Pandavas in the city of Varanavata. He wished, that Duryodhan will concern him regarding this so that he can explain to him that what he was planning was so wrong, but unfortunately, that never happened.

As much as he didn't want Pandavas to die, he didn't want to expose his friend either. But, he knew he had to do something. He can't let Pandavas die, or else, he knew he won't ever be able to forgive himself.

Pandavas seem to take interest in this heavenly beautiful city of Varanavata. Noticing their interest, Dhritrashtra asked them to go there, with their attendants and soldiers, and enjoy themselves. He told them to spend as much time as they want there, and return back, when they've fully enjoyed themselves.

Realizing that this was Dhritrashtra's own wish and he himself has no allies, Yudhishthir agreed.

Soon, the court was over.

.

.

Jungkook decided to join Bts today. After all, it has been so long, since they sat together and talked. He can also get some advice from them, regarding the situation currently going on, without telling them anything about Duryodhan directly.

So, he went towards the royal hall, in hope of finding them there. And although he found them there, they weren't alone. The Pandava brothers were also there with them. He sighed, and was about to go back, but

"Jungkook!", Sahadev called, pulling everyone's attention toward him.

He was about to make some excuse, but before he can do that, he was already being dragged in the group by Jimin and Jhope.

"Jungkook, hum Pandavo'n ke saath Varanavata jaane ke baare me soch rahe hain. Tum kya kehte ho?", asked RM.

Jungkook's breath hitched hearing RM's words. Even thinking about the possibility that his hyungs might get burnt alive, shuddered him from inside.

"Parantu kyu, hyung? Humein wahaan jaane ki kya awashyakta?", asked Jungkook.

"Awashyakta kyu nahi hai, Jungkook. Tumne suna nahi Maharaj ke mantri kya keh rahe the. Varanavata swarg ki tarah sajaaya jaayega.", told Jimin, adding his dramatic effects.

"Haan, hyung. Maine suna unhone kya kaha, par mujhe lagta hai, humein Dwarka waapas chalna chahiye. Voh toh Narayan ke dhaam Vaikunth ki tarah hai. Haina.", said Jungkook, trying his best to convince his hyungs.

"Hum Varanavata jaa rahe hain. Tujhe aana hai toh aa, nahi aana hai toh mat aa.", said Suga, eyeing Jungkook suspiciously.

"Aap Varanavata nahi jaa sakte.", said Subhadra, coming inside the royal hall, and Jungkook breathed a sigh of relief.

"Kintu kyu?", asked Jhope.

"Kyunki humein Dwarka waapas jaana hai.", told Subhadra.

"Kintu mujhe abhi Dwarka waapas nahi jaana.", said Suga.

"Uchit hai. Toh Shivali ke vivaah ke pashchat aa jaana.", told Subhadra.

"Kumari Shivali ka vivaah?", Suga asked, dumbfounded.

"Haan. Shivali aur Atmika ka swayamvar hone wala hai, isii maah ki panchami tithi ko, arthat aaj se 10 din baad. Par koi baat nahi, tum Varanavata chale jaao. Ab vivaah mein tumhara hona awashyak toh hai nahi.", said Subhadra.

"Kyu? Aapke yahaan dulhe ke bina hi vivaah ho jaata hai?", asked Suga, puzzled.

Suga's words took a moment to register in everyone's mind, but soon, they understood the context. Everyone started laughing, making Suga realize what he just said, and a red tint appeared on his pale cheeks.

.

.

On the other side, Duryodhan has already ordered Purochan to create an architectural marvel, with all the luxuries of the palace, using lots and lots of inflammable substances like ghee, oil and lac. He also asked him to keep hemp, cane, ghee, lac, wood, and wooden tools everywhere in the house, in such a way that no one becomes suspicious of it.

 And finally, he ordered Purochan to burn the house, starting from the gate, when the Pandavas were asleep.

Purochan, being obedient to Duryodhan, went to create the Lakshagrih.