Chapter 37

Eleven days have passed since the marriage of the two princesses of Dwaraka, and the city is returning to its daily schedule. The celebration was dimming, but the happiness and serenity the city boasts of, remained.

***

"Awadhkumari!", Hearing the voice of Namjoon, Padmakshi turned around, only to find him fiddling with a book. The cover of the book had a beautiful illustration of various musical instruments, clearly representing its purpose.

"Kya baat hai, Kumar?", she asked.

"Voh... mujhe veena vaadan seekhna hai, kintu iss pustak se adhik samajh nahi aaya. Maine suna, aapne bhi ye padhi hai. Toh... kya aap mujhe veena vaadan sikha sakti hain?", he asked, hesitation lacing his voice, as he gave her a better view of the book.

Padmakshi smiled.

"Maine ye pustak padhi awashya hai, kintu, veena vaadan mein ruchi nahi thi. Parantu yadi aapko hai, toh aap Maharani Rukmini se iss vishay mein vaarta kar sakte hain. Maharani atyant kushal veena vaadika hain.", she told.

"Satya!!", he said, surprised, because he didn't know about it even after living for more than 2 years in Dwaraka. The princess of Kosala nodded in affirmation.

"Uchit hai. Rani maa kadachit abhi rasoighar mein hain. Aap saath chalengi?", Namjoon further asked.

"Awashya!", she said, as they started moving towards the kitchen.

***

In the practicing arena, the continuous sound of clanking of sword was heard as the warrior couple was playing a duel. With due passage of time, it was becoming evidently clear that one of them was having an upper hand, and the other might lose.

"Aap parajit huye, Arya.", Shivali said, as she turned around, removing the tip of the sword from the other warrior's neck.

"Aapki vijay bhi toh meri hi vijay hai, priye.", said Suga, chuckling softly as he got up from the floor.

Shivali beamed, the radiant smile never leaving her face, as she removed her headdress, leaving her wavy hairs to tumble down freely.

"Vaise priye, swayamar mein toh aap hi parajit huyi thi.", said Suga, in an attempt to tease his beloved.

"Aapki vijay bhi meri hi vijay hai, Nath.", she said.

"Kintu tab hamara vivah nahi huaa tha. Aap tab meri ardhangini nahi thi.", he pressed further.

"hmm... kadachit mai uss din thak gayi thi. Aapse poorva bhi kayi logo'n se dwand huaa tha mera, smaran hai ya bhool gaye.", she retorted, the smile still very much intact on her face.

"Smaran hai, priye. Parantu phir bhi, vijay toh meri hi huii thi.", he further said.

"Ye bhi thik hai. Kintu aapse parajit hokar bhi mai uss din vijayi huii thi, Arya.", she declared.

"Voh kaise?", he asked, feigning curiosity.

She turned around to finally face him. Her dark eyes studied his features, as a hint of a smirk appeared on her own. She took steps toward him. Seeing her getting closer, he gulped, while she tried not to laugh at his visibly flustered state. 

"Voh isliye Arya, kyuki uss din... maine aapko jeet liya tha.", she said, putting her arms around his neck gently. Suga gulped, yet again, not knowing how to respond to her sudden boldness. Or probably, not so sudden. Shivali has always been bold. It's just the sudden proximity in the practicing arena, that bothered him. Precisely, the place and not the proximity.

"umm... priye, hum ab... abhyas kshetra... me hain.", he said, reminding her that anyone could walk in anytime. She chuckled, and stepped back.

***

Reaching the royal kitchen, Namjoon and Padmakshi entered the room, to find Shri Krishna and Devi Rukmini inside. Flour was decorating their pretty faces, and they were making sweets. Devi Rukmini was cooking, and Shri Krishna was helping her, alongside talking and laughing. They bowed and paid their respects to the king and queen.

"Rani maa, aapne kabhi bataya nahi ki aapko veena vaadan bhi aata hai.", asked Namjoon, getting straight to the point.

"Tumne kabhi poochha nahi.", Devi Rukmini answered.

"Haan, voh bhi hai. Kintu mata, mujhe Veena vaadan seekhna hai. Aap sikhayengi?", He asked.

"Awashya!!", She replied, her ever so pleasant smile never leaving her face.

*********

It's been a while, guys. So, how have you all been??