Chapter 24

Aashna's POV:

I was going to Dwarka, as my 2 best friends were about to be married soon. I was excited, and hence, I asked Amogh kaka, my charioteer, to take the shorter route through the jungle. He warned me against it, of course, but when have I ever backed off from risky adventures? So, I insisted. To be honest, I didn't have a reason to be afraid, considering it was a jungle, and I have the skill to talk to animals. Moreover, I'm not afraid of death. Cause why should I? Isn't death the ultimate truth in this world full of lies, the ultimate reality in this world full of perceptions? I know it doesn't mean that I should willingly embrace death, but, life is no fun without a few risks here and there, or so I think.

We were going deeper in the jungle and it wasn't long when a pack of wolves surround us. Amogh kaka seems scared. The wolves bared their fangs, but before they could pounce, I howled, in an attempt to communicate with them. They looked confused, but, didn't attempt to attack nevertheless. I asked them the way to Dwarka, as Amogh kaka didn't use this way often, so, we might get lost. Hearing the name of Dwarka, they all howled loudly at once. Then, the leader came forward and started telling the way to Dwarka, but before he could complete it, a sharp arrow pierced his body.

I turn towards the person who targeted the leader of the wolves, to find him ready with another set of arrows, fixed diligently on his bows, ready to kill some more of these innocent wolves.

 "Theheriye Shriman.", I said.

Third person's POV:

Hearing the words of the noble lady, Jimin didn't shot any more arrows, but, he didn't keep the arrows back either. He, of course, didn't want to die so soon. Seeing Jimin killing the members of their pack, the rest of the members couldn't keep their calm. Some of them pounced on Jimin, and Jimin wounded them, in the attempt to protect himself. Fortunately, Aashna managed to stop the wolves within a few moments.

The wolves howled sadly, so, she assured them that the rest of the members will be fine. And although her assurance was able to calm the wolves to some extent, it seemed hollow to herself, as she only had the basic knowledge of ayurveda, while, the wounds were severe. A few tears rolled down her cheeks unknowingly. But she knew she had to do something. Success and failure were not in her hands, but, giving up was something she knew she'll never do. She took out the turmeric and burned cotton which her mother forcefully gave her, just in case something goes wrong.

Meanwhile, Jimin was puzzled seeing the healthy wolves sitting near the wounded members, licking and comforting them, instead of attacking him. Yes, he saw the lady howling to wolves, but this was certainly not what he expected.

"Rajkumar, kya aapke paas Ayurveda ka gyaan hai.", asked Amogh, making Jimin look at him.

"Zyada toh nahi. kintu haan, Mitra Sahadev ne mujhe ghaav bharne ki kuchh dawa bataai thi. Hum neem ke patte aur madhu ka lep inke ghavo'n par laga sakte hain."

"Uchit hai.", told Amogh, and left to collect some neem leaves and honey.

.

Aashna looked at Jimin to find him just standing there, the wolves not allowing him near the wounded members. She sighed, and got up, after dressing the wounds of all the wolves. The arrows were taken out, and she has also applied the turmeric powder with burned cotton, the only remedy she knew, to stop the bleeding. 

Fortunately, Amogh came soon with the neem leaves and some honey. Jimin made the paste of neem leaves, and it was applied on the wolves' body, after mixing it with honey. Then, Aashna tied the cloth around the wound on their body gently.

.

The wolves were now lying peacefully on the ground, the pain from the wounds long subsided. The healthy ones were also sitting near them.

"Aap kon hain, devi?", Jimin finally asked.

"Main Saurashtra ki yuvrani hoon, Kumar. Aur aap?", she asked.

"Main Dwarka ka niwasi hoon, Yuvrani.", he told.

"Oh.", she said.

They sat there for some time looking after the wolves. After about an hour, they washed their wounds, and dressed them again. It was about to be evening, and knowing that, it wouldn't be good for anyone to stay in the jungle at night, Aashna asked Amogh to take the wounded wolves to their den with the chariot, and he obliged. Soon, all the wolves were back to their home. Aashna and Jimin bid them goodbye and continued their journey.

 Aashna and Jimin bid them goodbye and continued their journey

Jimin bhaiya, aapka Makhan toh gaya...

Sorry !!