Chapter 10 - Kidnapped

I was crushed between someone's arms.

He lifted me easily so he might have a strong built body, muscles and all. He had a hard chest and strong arms. He has wore a weird but delicious cologne which blended well with the evening breeze.

BUT THAT IDIOT DOESN'T REALIZE I HAVE BRUISES ALL OVER MY BODY!!

I tried to wriggle out of his hold. My silent wounds and bruises now screamed in pain. I couldn't see anyone in the backyard. My kidnapper and I were alone. Where's my neighbor? He should come and save me.

He then gently put me on the ground.

"I am removing my hand, DO NOT scream." he whispered in my ear. His voice sent tingling sensation in my whole body.

He removed his hand from my mouth. My lips felt numb with the pressure I had earlier.

"Ahhhhhhh-" I screamed but before anyone could hear me, he placed his palm back on my mouth.

"You're a rebel, now, aren't you?" he pulled me towards his chest. My back was against his heavily beating heart. He turned me to face him.

Urgh... I'll kill this Mongrel!

He was there towering me and giving a side smirk. Look, how much fun he's having. My back was against a wall, probably near my mom's bedroom's windows. Her room is adjacent to the kitchen.

He again removed his hand and took a step back. He folded his hand and raised one of his eyebrows. I let out my breathe.

"HOW DARE YOU!" I screamed on the top of my voice.
"What the hell were you thinking, huh?"
"Are you crazy?"

He just stood there and looked both the sides to see if anyone heard me. He shook his head and let out a chuckle. He was still expecting something from me.

"What?" I was now irritated. He looked at me like I tried to kidnap him.

"I didn't heard you saying 'thank you'."

"Ha! Because I didn't!"

"Where are yours manners, agapi mou? A handsome guy saved your life. The least you could is say a 'thank you'-"

"Firstly," I interrupted "DO NOT call me aagaphi mooo and secondly, you didn't save my life. I just fell from stairs, nothing else."

I didn't wanted to discuss about all the paranormal stuff, all least not with him.

"OK CLAIRE!" he said 'Claire' in the sweetest tone any human could say.

I humph-ed.

"You know, right?" he said in a deadly serious tone.

I looked at him in confusion. I know, what? Was he thinking what I was thinking?

"I know, Claire" he said quietly. His voice was threatening me. "I know you were attacked."

I stared him. He knew. He knew there was some paranormal things happening in the house. He knew there were some strong energy in there. I wanted to hug him in that moment but I controlled myself. I was right. I was not going paranoid or mad. The house was really haunted.

"Why.. why did you.. lied?"

"Do you think your brother would have believed me?"

"But.. you live in that house, right?" I point towards the house on my left.

"Yes, but I couldn't tell him that too, long story." I rolled my eyes. If anyone doesn't want to explain anything they add 'long story'. I hate that.

"But listen to me carefully, Claire." he stepped forward and squeezed my shoulder, "You are in grave danger. You have to leave this house. There's no other way."

No! I didn't wanted to hear that. I was planning to tell mom but she won't believe me. I knew that. I remove his hand from my shoulder and step aside. I turned away from him, my back facing his front.

"I can't do that OK. You don't understand--"

"I don't care what it is. You can't live here. It is dangerous, especially for you. How old are you?"

"I'm turning 17 on Sunday."

"Shit!!" he sounded perplexed, "You have to leave, anyhow!! Before Sunday."

"I can't.."

"Do the fvck as I say!! If you care for your life, you will."

"There has to be another way.."

"You don't have any idea what you're dealing with." His hand tightened around my arm and turned me towards him. His deep brown eyes were filled with concern and fear, "Trust me, Claire. Leave this house, now."

That freaked me out. It literally did. I have to do something but I was so confused. Why would they want to kill me. It's not like I was beautiful so they wanted my soul or anything. I was a cold-hearted b*tch. Maybe they want to kill me for the same reason they killed Kathy.

"If your family don't want to come along, leave them. They won't harm them if you aren't here."

"What.. why?"

"There is no time for all this. Do something and quick. I tried to warn you before but you won't listen. I thought you were much younger but you're turning 17 in 2 days."

I nodded. I was again having that thought attack. The house wasn't safe. I have to tell this to mom. Sooner. I don't know why, but in this moment I was completely trusting my neighbor. I didn't know what it was, the fear in his eyes or a genuine concern on his face, it was making me take that big leap of faith.

"I'll do something."

"Okay."

The conversation was over. He just looked at me with pity. My eyes were on the verge of flooding with tears. I turned to the back door and started walking toward it.

I stopped.

"I'm sorry." I said as I turned back towards him.

"You.. um.. for?"

"I got to know about.. Kathy."

He looked down towards the ground and nodded slightly.

"And um... thanks."

He looked at me and gave a forced smile.

"Trust me."

I didn't know it was a question or was he just telling me or begging me to trust him. I pressed my lips tight and nodded one time.

I turned towards the back door and walked away. I went back to my room and sat on the edge of my bed. I began crying. I was feeling helpless. My dad would always knew what to say to cheer me now or at least soothe my heart. I missed him.

I don't know what will I do or how will I do, I just have to do something.

"You're Claire, right?" an unfamiliar voice of a guy echoed in my room.