Chapter 6 - Nightmare

I ardently wished this was a joke. This was the moment when your family member or friend would laugh out loud and announce...

"Got you!" The women behind me whispered.

Her voice was like those vanilla voices which seemed sweeter than anything but the words would say a complete different story.

I froze. I wasn't able to scream. My throat completely dried up. It felt as if the delicate skin will dry up and crack like the grounds that suffered from the water drought. This was a dream. It had to be. I hope it was. I beg it was. I looked at the wall clock near the staircase in the living room. It showed few minutes past 3.

I read somewhere that if you don't know if you're awake or dreaming, look at the clock. The clock won't possibly be working properly or would show different time if you're dreaming. Unfortunately, the clock was working. This was not a dream. Damn.

"You will die." She said the words confidently in my ear. Her voice was totally inhumane.

I shivered. I trembled with fright. I hesitantly turned to look at her. I didn't even know why I was doing this. There was something in me forcing to look at her.

There she was, standing so close, eye to eye, smiling devilishly. The lights from the television revealed her glowing face. She was completely pale as if she has no blood. Her iris were completely pitch black. She had high cheek bones and chiseled jawline. And a side smirk on her big lips. Long waist length frizzy hairs completed her horrific picture. She was a beauty; a deadly and dangerous beauty.

I stared her with fear. She was sharply looking at me like a lioness looks at a stag. I was in danger.

No shit Sherlock!

The next moment, she stepped forward hurriedly and my reflexes answered automatically. I turned back and ran. I thought of getting out of the front door and scream as soon as I reach the front yard.

Where was Jake? He was already home. I saw him before.

Suddenly, I was pushed hard. Very hard. I was pushed with such a force that I went flying and hit the TV. All I remembered was the noise of glass shattering and an unbearable pain in my whole body. I was dead.

A door slammed behind me and I woke up with a jerk. I was heavily sweating; my heart was beating at a super fast pace.

"Oh dear, sorry." my mom's voice sent a wave of relief and I took a deep breath.

I was still sleeping on the couch. The TV was unharmed; playing some classic drama. I was completely unharmed and alive. I was alive. The memories of my dreams were so fresh as if it really happened. But it was a dream. A frikkin nightmare. My heart still didn't believed me though.

"Why are you down? Go upstairs and sleep." my mom said.

I nodded. I got up from the couch and walked towards the stairs when I noticed the clock. It showed few minutes past 3. Still?

Was this a dream? I looked at mom who was frowning at me, confused with my actions. I checked the clock again. It still said the same. I freaked out. I hurriedly ran upstairs. I entered my room and slammed the door.

I didn't know what was happening. I ran towards my bed and sat there. I checked the clock on my side table which showed 5:57. I am definitely dreaming. I closed my eyes tightly and opened them. The clock showed 5:57 and after few seconds it turned 5:58. I let out a huge sigh.

The wall clock in the living room had stopped working. Oh god! That incident with the lady was a dream, not this one. Everything was alright.