Chapter 60 - Home (1)

ابدأ من البداية

Just like our grandparents, we weren't meant to be anything more than what we already were.

"Ricky..."

"I know." he cut me off. "I was too late. Maybe I should've been more upfront."

"I'm glad you weren't. At least, you avoided the hurt I would've caused you." I told him.

Ricky sighed. "So what are you going to do ?"

"Nothing. I won't let this imprint thing take control over me. It seems easier said than done but that's my decision."

"Are you sure this is the best idea ?"

"I'm not sure of anything anymore, except that he is the one who was choosen for me. Other than that, everything else is just drowned in an ocean of confusion." I answered in a sigh.

I couldn't help but notice how deep the creases in between his eyebrows were getting, as he breathed more deeply.

"Is that his scent on you ?" Ricky asked, bringing his hand to cover his nose and mouth. I answered with a nod, unable to mirror his action because of how addictive the scent was to me."Did you see him ?"

I nodded again. "He must have been hunting in the area. I told him everything and shared my decision on the matter."

"How did it go ?"

~~

Edward

I lost her.

In all ways possible.

It was as if nothing changed since I left our house. As if, her presence which I thought would be my cure, had lost its effect.

Wrong.

I had it all wrong this whole time. All this time, I had tried to convince myself that only being around Aiyanna would be enough. But all I truly wished for, was to be with her again. All I only wanted, was to go back to the relationship we once had.

But she made it clear to me that our desires were different.

[2 HOURS AGO]

"The imprint. I have imprinted on you, Edward." Aiyanna declared.

I had heard this word on the beach, but despite my research, I wasn't able to find out the real meaning of that word.

"What does it mean ?" I asked her, longing for more explanation.

Aiyanna sighed and her heart started to beat faster. This time, she was the one who avoided my eyes.

It allowed me to shamelessly discover her with a new eye.

She was completely different from the girl I had to leave last September. From her obvious hair cut to her body changes. Her once round face had lost of its density as she seemed to have lost weight. Her body on the other hand, especially her legs that were the most visible to me, looked way stronger and bigger than what I remembered.

It reminded me of the words she had used earlier.

The Aiyanna who once had the right to do so, is long gone

How far was the Aiyanna I was used to ? What was left of her in the person I was in front of ?

Would there still be a room for me in her new life ?

I was hoping that she would answer positively to that question, but deep down, I couldn't save my hopes from the constant doubts that were growing stronger.