Choker

Daytime

You arrived at Mamori's apartment. Standing outside, looking bewildered, was the person you were dreading the most to see. He looked more confused than anything else, and ran up to approach you.

"What…is this some kind of joke?" Mamori asked. His voice was cracking from emotion.

"I–" You couldn't bear to look at his miserable face. He may have been a little annoying in the past, but he was a genuinely good person, and he didn't deserve to be pulled into any of this. Any  of his "annoyances" to you were out of concern, and you couldn't exactly refute any statements that Akechi was a horrible, miserable person.

"You don't have to talk to him, I'll do it." Akechi stood between you and Mamori.

"Who's this?" Mamori's face looked disgusted. "What's going on?"

"Her boyfriend," said Akechi. "She's mine now. Actually, she's always been mine–"

"Goro!"

Akechi groaned. "Fine, fine. We're here for her things, and then we'll leave. You'll never have to see us again."

"Everything was going so well…what happened? Y/N, did I do something?" Mamori started begging. 

"Um…"

"You're bad at sex," said Akechi.

"GORO!"

"Excuse me?" Mamori was taken aback.

"Quiet, kitten," Akechi growled. His competitive nature and despise of Mamori was already coming out, despite you repeatedly telling him beforehand to behave. "She wasn't pleased, so she had to come to me to satisfy her. You should hear how much she moans…oh wait…you never can."

"You cheated on me?!" Mamori looked upset.

"Um–" You didn't know what to say. You buried your face in Akechi's back and closed your eyes. You wished you could be anywhere else but there.

"What…I can't believe you'd do something like this to me…" Mamori looked crushed. "And with…who the hell is this guy anyway?"

"So I really am not a celebrity. This is such a depressing reality." Akechi sighed. "It really is my fault, you know. She's such a good girl, she never wanted to hurt you. I'm just so persistent, and then of course I got her addicted to the sex since it was so good–"

"Goro, serious–EEK!"

Mamori had lunged at Akechi, throwing a punch at him. Akechi tried to dodge, but he took the partial blow to his face. You stumbled backwards, and screeched when you saw Akechi's blood drip onto the pavement.

Akechi took a subtle step backwards, placing one foot behind the other to steady himself. He may have been at a physical disadvantage to Mamori as far as height and athletics were involved, he he was leagues above Mamori in combat skill.

Before Mamori could act, Akechi had placed two skilled blows to Mamori's stomach and chest. The athlete doubled over, winded, then caught himself. He attacked again, starting a full-on brawl between the two.

"Stop it!" You cried.

They ignored you, until Akechi had caught Mamori in some kind of hold. His arm was twisted behind him, as Akechi was pressing on his back. 

"Damn…" Mamori winced.

You could get a good look at Akechi now. The bloody nose Akechi received from the first blow had smeared all over his face. The look on his face was a familiar one, and you knew that he was very close to snapping Mamori's arm.