Confession

Friday, September 9. Morning-Goro Akechi

I'm sure whatever she's doing is perfectly fine and normal. She's perfectly safe, you just talked to her last night. Relax, relax, relax…focus…

Akechi fiddled with his toy pistol. He was in the Metaverse before school. He opted to do this in the morning instead of the afternoon, as this would seriously cut into his call time with Y/N. She was hours ahead of him, so she would be going to bed earlier. He wondered if she was sleeping okay, or if the jet lag was preventing her from sleeping right…

"Focus, goddammit!" Akechi slammed his closed, gloved fist into the disgusting Mementos wall. 

"Good morning, Goro~ Did you sleep well? I'll go make us some coffee."

Akechi pouted. She wasn't there to wake him up. How much of a baby had he become? Where was that steeled resolve? He did this to himself. He ruined himself. He allowed himself to get close to someone and basically destroyed what assassin was left in him. 

This is the only way. This is the only way…

He chanted this several times in his head. Repeating a lie helped Akechi digest the fake morality he fed himself sometimes. 

Will Y/N forgive me?

Y/N always forgave him. Yet why did it hurt him so badly to do something like this? Knowingly betraying her hurt worse than just screwing up normally without knowing it.

She would be better off without me.

Akechi, seething in anger, marched into the sub dimension of his target. 

"No…please, I beg you…"

"You always say that, you know that?" Akechi kicked the pleading fat man that was his target in the stomach. "All of you. Beg for mercy. Beg for me to spare your pathetic miserable little lives. And for what? So you can live? WHAT'S THE POINT?!"

Akechi stabbed his saber into the man's arm. He screamed.

"Life is miserable! It just gives you good things to care about and people like you just take them all away!" 

Akechi stabbed the man again, warranting another scream.

"And you, you're just a little worm on the evil food chain. You live your miserable little worm life sniveling like a piece of shit so that the wolves don't eat you. Well here I am." He knelt down next to the bleeding, trembling man. "The big, bad wolf."

"He'll kill you! He'll get rid of you too, once you're not useful to him anymore!" The man said. Sweat was pouring down his face, and his face was contorted with fear.

"You don't think I know that?" Akechi growled. "You think I, the man who put Shido into power, didn't know that? You think he's in control?"

Would Y/N think this is hot? 

Akechi recoiled and blushed, then slashed open the head of his target out of embarrassment. Blood and brains splattered everywhere.

He sighed. "She'll be home on Monday. Relax, read an enjoyable book and drink some tea. Perhaps I can even indulge in that new Featherman spinoff series." He tried desperately to console himself.

Daytime

You

Good morning, Goro! I hope you have a good day at school! Muah, I love you!

That was an incredibly cringe-worthy text you sent your boyfriend. You knew he would eat it up the moment he got it. He should have been getting it right as he started his walk to school, perhaps while he got coffee or breakfast.