Justice Rank 8

Late Night-Goro Akechi

Akechi sat up, pouring sweat. His heart was racing, and his entire body was trembling. He hadn't had a night terror this bad in months.

He looked immediately over at Y/N. She stirred only slightly from his movement. She was so beautiful and precious, like a treasure he sought his entire life for. He wanted to lie down again and cling to her, but his anxiety prevented him from relaxing. He got out of bed. It was a bit cold, but the carpet was plush and he still had on his pajamas (a rare occurrence for sure), so he didn't shiver. He checked the apartment thermostat and turned it up a few degrees, as he didn't want his kitten to freeze when she woke up.

He quietly obtained Y/N's vision journal and went out into the living room to skim through it. She had just written an entry about her vision today. The long term, more serious visions were becoming more frequent. She also was losing her memory clearly of some of them. Was she in pain? Was she deteriorating? 

Was it his fault?

Y/N's vision showed Ren being caught by the police inside Sae's palace. Akechi exhaled, a weight on his chest. He was so, so tired. 

In hindsight, it probably would have been the smartest idea for him not to get a girlfriend. Before, it was easy. He had turned down lots of girls. He knew himself. He knew his obsessive qualities. Having a girlfriend would have completely distracted him.

He just…couldn't help it this time. He had to spend a lot of time with her to use her, but he ended up getting trapped. Now, she's in danger once again because of him. This time, though, Shido was responsible.

"Maybe your visions are right," he said quietly to himself. Maybe I'm not good for you…

He banished the thought from his head. He had made a promise to protect her. He would have to do everything in his power to make sure she was safe, secure and taken care of.

Even if he ended up dead.

Sunday, October 30. Morning.

"Mmm...Good morning, Goro."

You felt Akechi's gentle hand on your head. You opened your eyes to see him stroking your hair lovingly, like you were a precious little kitten.

You sat up. "I bet you're hungry."

Akechi was fully dressed in a white dress shirt and blue sweater vest. "I was going to let you sleep and pick something up on the way to the studio…"

"Oh. It's Sunday. Drama day." You groaned and collapsed back onto the bed, grabbing a pillow in frustration.

"Is my kitten jealous?" Akechi grinned.

"Stop!" You whined.

"Do you want to come with me?" Akechi asked.

"Aren't we supposed to return to the palace today?"

Akechi looked to the side. "Well…I'd rather…you not go anywhere by yourself. If you're not going to come with me, you need to stay here."

"But Goro, I'll be with Ren and everyone, I'll be safe from any potential stalkers." You tried to hint you were onto him. Hopefully this might get some information out of him.

"No," said Akechi stubbornly.

"Would you…say yes if I showed you my boobs?" You said, sliding one of the straps of your nightgown off your shoulder.

"You really think that you can convince me like that?" Akechi's expression darkened. He leaned towards you, getting close to your face with his. "I can see them whenever I want to."