A Public Appearance

Wednesday, July 13. Morning.

"Did you know I have another TV interview?"

You looked up at your boyfriend. "When?" 

"Tomorrow morning," said Akechi. "It was last minute, but I feel like they want to discuss you ."

"Why me all of a sudden? I've been circulating around in rumors for months," you said.

"Because I just started posting publicly that I'm in a relationship."

"What if this impacts your popularity?" You pointed out. "The Phantom Thieves are already starting to become popular due to Kaneshiro."

"Relax, everything is fine," Akechi assured you. "Besides, I want them to give you the praise and adoration you deserve."

"You're just showing me off to make them mad," you huffed.

"Maybe," Akechi smiled wickedly. "But they become such fervent fans when they're upset."

"Okay what if they hurt me because of this?"

"Then I'll take out the trash."

"Goro…you can't just kill your fans."

"They're no longer my fans if they try to hurt you." Akechi stopped walking and pulled you into an alley. You could see the front gate of your school. "You chose this."

"Chose what?"

"Me." 

"What would you have done if I broke up with you when I found out about…your little secret?" You touched his chest and looked into his eyes.

Akechi's brows furrowed. "Watched you. Followed you. Made sure you were kept safe and out of Shido's clutches."

"That sounds like stalking," you giggled.

"Under legal terms, yes, I do stalk you. But I think now we'd just call it a possessive boyfriend. Before you ask, yes, I pulled your medical records illegally."

"That's a nice thing to have on my mind during exams," you sighed, pulling away from him and approaching your school gate.

"You don't have to do well," said Akechi, following you. "As far as I'm concerned, you don't have to do anything. All you have to do is–"

"I know you like taking care of me but maybe I like having accomplishments?" You said, slightly exasperated.

"Kiss me," Akechi ordered.

You kissed him in front of the gate, making sure that there was visible tongue and pressing your body against him.

"You keep doing that," Akechi whispered into your ear.

"They need to know you're mine."

Akechi kissed you again and pulled away. "I know what you're doing. You need to earn my attention by finishing exams."

You sighed. "Not even a little excited?"

Akechi grimaced. "No, I am. And it's your fault I have to go to school like this."

You smirked and turned around, walking towards your gate. "Morning, Takagaki-san," you said, walking by the girl who was currently ogling your boyfriend.

"It'll be me…" Tagakaki muttered.

You ignored her and entered the building.

After School

Mamori once again approached you, thanking you for the help. Again, he was friendly and didn't seem pushy about anything. In fact, he didn't even ask you out again. He probably just wanted to talk to you, which struck you as unusual. Why now, all of a sudden? You had been his classmate for three years before then…why notice you now? Did he want fame from you? Did he want to take you from Akechi for some sick and twisted reason?