Kitten Came Home

Monday, August 1. Evening.

You had been in the hospital for about a week. Akechi visited you every day, normally in the evenings after he had been working. He seemed agitated, but he wouldn't let you dote on him. You tried to ask him about Takagaki or his work, but he always changed the subject and avoided it.

You were also visited by the Phantom Thieves a few times. Ann and Makoto came once, Ren, Ryuji, and Yusuke came another time. Yusuke came alone and requested he draw you, which you complied, despite not understanding what was so interesting about you lying in bed looking disastrous. 

You were also bothered by the media constantly. There were police officers who rotated standing guard, as you were considered in danger (they finally decided to take Akechi's complaints seriously). They did their best to keep the reporters at bay, but some made it through, even going as far to disguise themselves as nurses or other hospital workers.

Finally, Monday afternoon, the doctors removed your stitches. You had a nasty red wound in your stomach, but it appeared to be starting to heal. You had to keep it bandaged, change, and clean it regularly while it healed. You were also instructed to follow up with your doctor if you had any problems or the wound wasn't healing properly. 

Akechi eventually arrived in a police car. The police escorted you home, discreetly and taking precautions to lose the press. You were still in a lot of pain, and Akechi had to help you to the elevator and through your front door.

"Ow…" you moaned. You were without your IV of pain medicine, and only had a small bottle of prescription pills to take when necessary.

"Are you in pain? Are you okay?" Akechi asked, worried.

"I'm fine. I can walk, it just hurts," you winced.

Akechi pondered for a moment. "Do you think you could handle taking a late night train to Shibuya?"

Your eyes widened. "Oh! Mementos…"

Akechi nodded. "I didn't want to have you healed without those stitches removed. I don't know what happens when you use healing magic with stitches in you, but I'm not about to experiment on you."

"If it's…not as crowded," you said. "It still hurts and I don't want to be tossed around."

Akechi nodded. "It's late on a Monday. It shouldn't be that bad."

Sure enough, it was less crowded than usual. Akechi helped you, shielding you from other people. He steadied you by holding you close as he clutched the handle from the ceiling of the train. There were a few stares, but most people out at this time of night weren't exactly prudes.

Akechi found a corner you could duck into so he could send you both into the Metaverse. You didn't know what happened, or what strain the transit of dimensioned caused, but you suddenly doubled over in pain. The pain in your side was so bad you almost crumpled to the ground. You probably shouldn't have been walking around so much, let alone going to Mementos.

"Y/N!" Akechi cried.

The cold metal gloves of the black mask gently held you by the shoulders. You gripped onto your side, which was starting to ooze blood.

"My wound split open," you said with labored breathing. You felt like you were going to vomit. This wasn't a surprise, as keeping food down the past week had been a problem.

Akechi fumbled around and pulled out a white pill. "Take this," he ordered.

You swallowed the bitter pill. You instantly felt some strength return to you, and you stood up shakily. The pain had lessened, but it was still there.