Epilogue

Zak

I sit on the bed with a book between my hands. Dia and I had moved out of our old apartments after we finished high school and into a new one. One where we both designed the interior.

I am on a break from medical school- it is the holidays.

Dia had stopped doing boxing and started to take over some of her stepfather's business. She even pays for me to study to be an anesthesiologist. She has always supported my dreams. Being an anesthesiologist takes time with studies, in South Africa it can take up to 12 years.

I hear the front door open. It must be Dia. I carry on reading my book.

"Hey," Dia walks into the room, she starts removing her shoes. She takes out her left shoe before she makes eye contact with me through the mirror.

"Hey," I say as she removes her right boot. I put the book on the side table to my left. I sleep on the left side of the room- the closes side from the door.

"How was your day?" I question as I sit on the edge of the bed.

"It was alright?" she answers, removing her blazer, "How was your day?"

"It was alright. I stayed at home reading," I tell her as she removes her earrings.

"You got the day off?" she questions.

I nod my head, "I told you this last week."

She moves closer to me, her head moves to be staring down at me. She presses her lips to my forehead while her hands snicker around my neck. My hands wonder to her waist pulling her closer into my lap but allowing her to be dominant.

~

Dia

Zak holds me in his arms, I am wearing his shirt.

I look at the nigh stand, "What were you reading?" I question, looking up at him.

"Just a book," he says, could the book be one of his romance books again?

He presses a kiss to the top of my forehead. Kiss gentle lips touch the top of my head. He kisses my head before saying, "You look good wearing my shirt. Nothing but my shirt."

"Very funny," I say moving my head to look up at him. I am lying on top of him, his one hand is draped around my waist.

"I mean it," he presses his lips to my forehead again. Making his love for me known.

"My parents want to have a dinner," he says, making me a little annoyed. His parents only want to be in his life after they found out we had gotten engaged, "I declined. If they try to get a hold of you to invite you for dinner, please decline."

He looks out onto the balcony.

"Sure, baby boy," I say, planting a kiss on his lips. He slowly starts turning red.

"You sure, you don't want to see your family?" I question. Looking up at him.

"My father and brother never put in effort to contact me after my mother practically disowned me," he says, using his free hand to rub from my shoulder to the arch of my back under his shirt, "So to answer the original question, no." he moves his hand over my butt and gently squeezes it.

"Okay," I say, moving my finger to be lazy drawing on his chest. He presses another kiss to my forehead.

"If we get married, how many children do you want?" he questions, taking me aback. I never thought I would be the type to settle down and have children but with Zak in my life, he changed those plans. I am pretty sure he would be the stay-at-home dad and he would allow me to be the breadwinner.

"I don't know, how many do you want?" I question, looking up at him. He squeezes my bum check again.

"Maybe two or three," he says as I place my head on his chest, still dragging my finger up and down on the other side of his chest.

"Your wish is my command," I say as I nudge my head into his neck, breathing in his sent.