Chapter 29: Devil Meets Dead Girl

Dia

I feel something icy and wet hit my skin. I open my eyes to see someone I wish was in my nightmares and yesterday was a bad dream but unfortunately, I am still in the devils- I mean my biological father's hold. My biological father does not get the title of being my father.

"Someone gives her rice, we can't have her dying of starvation," my father says, looking up at Jackson.

"Will do so, sir," Jackson says, before he turns to exit the door.

My right cheek still feels sore from getting hit.

"You know, I was pissed at your mom for having that son of a bi-," I hate how my biological father is talking about my mom's husband. Her husband has been more of a father to me than him.

"He has been a better father to me, than you ever could have been," I interrupt him.

"I was the best father, I had a business to run not a daughter to look after," my father says, making me anger. How can you put work over your own daughter, your own blood and bone. He is a new level of a jerk, I guess if you need money, it is different, but he has loads of money. What is he going to carry on putting his business in front of his daughter till the day he dies.

"You know daughter, you can have my business. You were a mistake, but we can take your mother's husband, down," my father says 'husband' with disgust on his face.

"C'mon. you have to still love your old man somewhere in your heart- your cold heart you get from me," my father carry's on speaking like a monologue, "I am not the bad guy here."

"You kidnaped your own child," I finally say something. My body feels so weak from not eating and adrenaline is no longer in my system.

"For your own good," my father defensively says, "You know I never wanted things to be like this. Dia darling, you must believe me. I wanted a relationship with you, but I needed to make sure I had enough money to..." my father looks away from me, "spend on you," is he lying to my face? Did he just lie or is he telling the truth.

No, my father only cares about himself. He would never care about me. Maybe he hired Jackson after our breakup, but he would never ever care about anyone else but himself. Why would he care about his daughter when he can care about money.

"All I am saying is, we can rule together, rule the city together father and daughter," my father starts going on about his big plan to take over the city, "We can take down the Mr. Scoleman and his family," my father's eyes beam with pride.

"Including mom?" I whisper, my father looks at me. He heard my whisper.

"Yes, including mom," he says, "Do you know how much money and power we can get. Power darling, everything you have been working towards by your underground boxing." He bends down to look me in the eyes, "You worked so hard to be feared and now you are captured by your own father," my dad starts laughing, making me annoyed. He grabs my face, "You could everything you ever wanted and more."

Power does seem to be yearning my name, but my father got corrupted from power. Will I be as corrupt as him if I pick power? Could my father actually love me or does he just want to use me as his pawn in the game of chess with Mr. Scoleman.