Chapter 11: Chemistry might be my favorite subject

Zak

I know everyone told me to be worried with Dia being my chemistry partner, but she is making chemistry less hellish if that is even possible. I know she is no good for me, but I can not help the part of my which is intrigued by her.

It is not feelings but rather my mind being intrigued.

Right now, we are sitting in a coffee shop while taking notes for Physics slash chemistry. I am not going to lie this whole studying is boring me to death. Why do we get marks on our note taking ability? In college or university, no one cares about it.

I look over directly opposite me to see Dia concentration. Her feet are crossed over on the chair and she has a pencil in her hand. She is taking notes- she writes out notes and then highlights or underline specific words or phrases. She looks cute and hot at the same time while she is studying, seeing her concentrate on something is mesmerizing. I know now why a lot of guys want to be near her, she is hot and not just a pretty face with a good body, but she also seems to pay attention to her grades. Not a lot of guys like smart girls because it is like a bruise to their pride but she can get any guy she wants.

I wonder if she always studies or crams last minute like a lot of people I know. This week we have our Afrikaans cycle test and I do not feel ready at all to write Afrikaans. I struggle with languages compared to Maths. Maths has always been easy for me.

"You going to carry one staring like a creep or are you going to focus on your work?" she asks, she starts highlighting a paragraph in her textbook.

"I was not staring, I was looking at my coffee," I look away, she can not see my face go red.

"Yeah right, staring at me won't help you get an A," she says, I turn back to see her taking a sip of her coffee.

"I was not staring," I say again in a voice which comes out shakier than intended.

"Be a good boy and do your work," she says, making my checks go red. No one knows I prefer to be told what to do or being called a good boy or baby boy. It is my secret, I hope no one finds out about.

I wonder what happened to Dia, her eye seems to be swollen and when she was walking into the store she was limping but she still looks pretty. She might have gotten into a fight with someone. I don't know if we are close enough for me to be asking her what happened. Maybe I should leave it.

I look at her lips and her bottom lip seems to be busted. I wonder if she can kiss softly? I wonder how well she can kiss with her lips.

I need to stop thinking about her lips and focus on chemistry. She has made chemistry my favorite subject.